So I got a new pearl replacement because my old pearl had a bad LCD display. I was wondering what are some common problems people have faced with the pearl so that I can watch out for in this replacement.
    09-12-08 03:28 PM
    I have had none with my old Pearl but some possibilities that could occur are:

-Random restarting
    -Keys not working properly
    -Bad battery
    09-12-08 03:31 PM
    Had mine quite a while now and love it! Absolutely no problems or regrets.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-08 04:22 PM
    never had any problems with my pearl.
    09-12-08 04:26 PM
    Really? no other problems? camera problems? trackball problems? anything?
    09-12-08 06:19 PM
    The only problem that the Pearl has is a memory issue, which can be easily fixed. Read up on your Pearl in the forums here and you will find out almost everything you need to know. You are already on the right path...
    09-12-08 06:42 PM
    Well besides the memory problem (call log and emails suddenly deleted) apparently my 8120 has a problem with reading my memory card properly. It has all my songs displayed, but will only play ONE song. Or, it will view my pictures as thumbnails, but is UNABLE to view the a full picture. Apparently this is FIRST that Tmo has ever heard. Right now I'm waiting for my new phone to arrive because they couldn't figure out the problem.
    09-12-08 07:52 PM
    the memory problem on the pearl 8130 isn't as bad on the 4.5 software.
    09-13-08 04:51 AM
    My roommates pearl 8130 has some problems. His won't input from the keypad sometimes and it also locks up A LOT. Sometimes it will not go anywhere past the app screen. My pearl? No problems whatsoever.

09-13-08 12:51 PM
    Only problems I have had is my ABC (alpha key) sticking...and then the screen freezes after... but I "think" me and the cell people fixed that
    09-13-08 07:55 PM
    Only problem I have had with my Pearl, and you shouldn't do this, is I ate a glazed donut and had glaze on my thumb when I used the pearl to navigate. It put some glaze under the trackball and I couldn't scroll down. Of course after reading these forums, I knew how to take out the track ball and clean the rollers. Be careful what finger foods you eat while rolling the track ball.
    09-14-08 09:22 AM
    I had numerous issues with my Pearl. Trackball broke on original and 2 replacements. Memory leak was terrible on all 3 Pearls I had despite doing all memory optimizations. Had a hard time staying above the 10 needed for the BB to work properly.
    I now have a Curve which I am VERY happy with. I haven't had any issues at all.
    I miss the size of the Pearl but other than that I'm having a much better experience with the Curve.

09-14-08 09:46 AM
    absolutely no problems with my bb pearl, love the thing. the more i use it the more i love it. and besides the mem issue, which i keep up on with deleting stuff so it doesnt get full, i have nothing to complain about..........
    09-14-08 09:57 AM
    After a year, the only issue I've had is keying passwords with the truetype keyboard tends to give me conniptions. My Pearl has worked flawlessly and even better with the 4.5 OS. I am looking forward to upgrading to the BOLD when it's released and my girlfriend wants my Pearl.
    09-14-08 10:37 AM
    I also experienced the memory leak problem, but found help through these forums. currently I'm having audio issues. when I make or receive a call, I cannot hear the person on the other side. According to the store, this is a flaw in the system? I was told if someone sent me a picture message, not only would i not get it, but my audio would be shut off. working on finding a solution to this...any help?
    09-14-08 09:04 PM
    The major thing I had before I get a good replacement, is that the keys on the right row wouldn't work randomly sometimes. Also, when I typed "hey what's up" it changed it to "Hey. up?"

But with my replacement, it's been nothing but sexy.
    09-14-08 09:26 PM
    I also experienced the memory leak problem, but found help through these forums. currently I'm having audio issues. when I make or receive a call, I cannot hear the person on the other side. According to the store, this is a flaw in the system? I was told if someone sent me a picture message, not only would i not get it, but my audio would be shut off. working on finding a solution to this...any help?
    I had the same problem the first week I had mine (reason number 2 I almost got rid of it) But I went into the store, the guy did a battery pop, it worked fine, and I felt like a complete typical dumb female who bought a pink phone!

The only probs I've ever had past my first week have been user related issues such as my toddler yanking on the usb charger and making it act finnicky and I had a kid at work throw it against a concrete wall. But its held up beautifully, its got some dings and dents but still works great after taking quite a beating.
    09-14-08 09:34 PM
    had mine for about a year and working fair. only problems are (1) when i try zooming in with the camera nothing happens (2) trackball sometimes does not respond. i usually take out the battery, leave it for 5 minutes, then replace it and everything is back to normal
    09-15-08 08:16 AM
    i had to get a replacement for my keys sticking... and the replacement one drops calls, doesn't always send texts, and some of my apps that use data wont function properly.

i'm going back to alltel today and ask for another replacement!
    09-15-08 08:22 AM
    I had mine for under a month and the trackball rollers went bad. Other than that, it's been great.
    09-15-08 10:32 AM
    My first pearls charging port stopped working after 6 weeks, took 10 days for a replacment due to 'stock issues'

had the second one for 2 weeks and its working great.

the CS desk said that the charging port not working is a 'common issue' and well im glad i have a nice co worker who let me charge my battery in his 8120 while at work.
    09-15-08 07:43 PM
    I've had a couple of problems with my new Pearl 8120.
    The phone log and my SMS inbox were wiped due to low memory (after 3 days!)

Also the first time I tried to use the video recorder I mistakenly tried to use the shutter button instead of the trackerball to start and stop it.
    It showed an error message and froze,meaning I had to take the battery out and it took ages to restart.

Unfortunatley I was trying to video the giant mechanical spider which was roaming the streets of Liverpool a couple of weeks ago.
    It was my third day of being a Blackberry owner and nearly my last.

I've pretty much got to grips with it now and am very happy,though I think there should be a quicker way to switch to multitap.

Also have you tried to press the Alt-key and the 'Z' key at the same time?!
    09-15-08 07:56 PM
    I've had my pearl for about a month now and it's suddenly not recieving any texts or saving made or recieved calls in the call log. is this due to my memory or is my service provider to blame?
    09-15-08 09:27 PM
    I had the same problem the first week I had mine (reason number 2 I almost got rid of it) But I went into the store, the guy did a battery pop, it worked fine, and I felt like a complete typical dumb female who bought a pink phone!

The only probs I've ever had past my first week have been user related issues such as my toddler yanking on the usb charger and making it act finnicky and I had a kid at work throw it against a concrete wall. But its held up beautifully, its got some dings and dents but still works great after taking quite a beating.
    Trust me, happens to the best of us
    09-22-08 07:16 PM
    Indeed, the memory leak problem has been the only thing I do not like about my Pearly. Yet, that was no big deal after I checked CB.
    09-22-08 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD