My pearl has been running horribly slow over the past couple of days. I've gone through and deleted programs I don't need/use as well as old themes.
    I've also read through the thread on how to free up memory. I can't get anything to work (my DM is on my Windoze computer and only works sometimes).

My current memory status is 13595812 bytes out of 64356352.
    Can anyone offer suggestions as to how I can free up some of my memory?

As I said, I can't get anything on the other thread to work for me. I know I could get rid of voice dialing, as well as the stock themes that came on the pearl. I just don't know how
    06-25-08 01:49 PM
    Does pulling the battery speed it up any or not?

You stated that you read threads on how to optimize memory. Don't know which ones you read, but the two links below are how you do it. They are both step by step, so go slow and do it.

Stoner's

John Clark's
    06-25-08 02:51 PM
    Tyroni is right - both of those threads explain what to do. You will need a windoze PC that works ALL of the time to do it.
    06-25-08 02:53 PM
    Yeah... if you follow those threads posted above (and in my sig) then you will be up and running fine.

The voice dialing, etc can be removed if wanted. Just follow Stoner's thread

Let us know how it goes
    06-25-08 02:53 PM
    try going into your web options and clear your cookies and cache, you would be amazed how much that speeds up your phone...
    06-25-08 02:57 PM
    Just follow the directions above and it should work. I usually clear my messages every day. That helps a lot too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 09:03 AM
    [B]So a few days ago my phone did the scrubb feature and got reset back to factory settings since then i have had nuthing but trouble with it i got my contacts transfered back & it worked ok now every time i put it in my case it automatticly deletes all my call logs and also randomly deletes my MMS & text gerrrrrrrrrrrrr NOT to mention its running so slow every time i try to call any one it calls but gets stuck with the hour glass just spinning theres @ least a min delay Any Suggestions! Suggestions very welcomed[/B]
    06-28-08 11:42 AM
    So it did the wipe on it's own or did you do it?
    Check to see what your Free File memory is: Options > Status
    It needs to be more than 10 000 000 bytes to keep from deleting messages and to operate effiecently.
    If it is less than that, you need to follow one of the guides by Stoner or JC that are linked in post #2 or #4, to remove some of the files on your device that you do not use, and if you don't have a Media card, you need to get one to put pics, ringtones and music on to keep it off of the device.
    06-28-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD