I am obviously a huge fan of the BlackBerry device. I have used one for years now, and for the past 5 or 6 months I've actually used two. I use an AT&T Bold for my personal device, and a T-Mobile Pearl Flip for my work device. The Bold is incredible. I love it, and it's been the most solid device I've used. The Pearl Flip the complete opposite. I've had nothing but issues with it.

The phone will randomly shut itself off, and take 2 or 3 minutes to re-boot (sometimes longer). It is UNBELIEVEABLY slow when doing anything, even as simple as typing in a phone number the delay is 5 to 10 seconds per digit.

This morning when I woke up and grabbed the phone off the charger (this will come back later in the story) it showed I had a new message so of course I went to read it and when I opened the device it was just frozen on the correct time. About 35 minutes later I opened the device and it was like nothing was wrong. So now at my office 4 hours later I being to feel how hot my device is. I open the flip and see that the low battery warning is on, and it is shows that it is still connected to my home WiFi which is about 20 miles from here.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can remedy this that don't involve throwing it off of the roof of my office?

Thanks in advance everyone!
    11-11-09 12:45 PM
    The first thing anyone's going to tell you is update the OS. If your device is physically getting hot then it is prob a hardware issue, but try updating first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 01:37 PM
    First thing is battery pull. ;-)
    Second thing is update the OS.
    Third thing is make sure you don't have a rogue app putting your BB in a tailspin, like for example TwitterBerry trying to stream every new tweet in the WORLD.
    Fourth thing, do a forum search for "overheating". I don't remember what the problem and solution were.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD