I really do love this phone. It's perfect for me. I love flip phones and everything else about it is great!

The only thing that seems to be bugging me is the camera!! What is up with this?
    It has a 2.0 megapix camera and the pictures look horrible!!

Anyone else having this issue? I guess I'm really a little irritated by the fact that my friend has the 8120 and her camera is also 2.0 and the pictures are amazing. Same thing with a friend that has a 8100.

So is this something that will be fixed in upcoming software release?

TIA!
    04-10-09 01:53 AM
    I really do love this phone. It's perfect for me. I love flip phones and everything else about it is great!

The only thing that seems to be bugging me is the camera!! What is up with this?

Anyone else having this issue? I guess I'm really a little irritated by the fact that my friend has the 8120 and her camera is also 2.0 and the pictures are amazing. Same thing with a friend that has a 8100.

TIA!
    Have u tried to clean your lens with a little alcohol swab? Sometimes it does the trick.
    04-12-09 08:11 PM

TIA!

if you are posting them thru your phone direct to facebook i suggest lowering the resolution to lowest (640x 480) since the app does it anyway to cut down up load size and if you take a 1600 res pic and let it lower it it kills the detail on the pic. aside of that cleaning the lens as was suggested helps but still yes i admit the pics are not incredible but they come out good.
    04-12-09 08:32 PM
    I think this shows it doesnt look as bad as some may think?

that was max resolution.... now this is lowest

Last edited by DemonKnight; 04-12-09 at 08:47 PM.
    04-12-09 08:40 PM
    That's beautiful!

Here's the kind of picture my flip takes. It was a slightly overcast day, but otherwise, it was beautiful. The camera takes pretty poor pictures for me!

(3 brownie points to whomever can identify the location)
    04-12-09 10:31 PM
    did you clean up the cam lens prior to it? that looks like when i take pics with it all dusty.... but nice pic in the scenario side
    04-12-09 10:35 PM
    Don't think I did. If that's what it takes to get pictures like yours, guess I'll have to carry a cleaning cloth!

FWIW, you don't have any special settings for things like white balance, do you?
    04-12-09 10:51 PM
    Don't think I did. If that's what it takes to get pictures like yours, guess I'll have to carry a cleaning cloth!

FWIW, you don't have any special settings for things like white balance, do you?
    Well i tend to take pics to send to friends or post on facebook so I use mostly lower resolution like the smaller pic to avoid pic compression done by the facebook app... aside of that i have tried same pic with different options and the only one i change is the resolution from high ( if I want the pic for my records) or lower for mobile posting to facebook... other settings are
    White balance: automatic
    picture quality superfine
    this is default settings i guess...

i have noticed having a good light condition helps too... night pics with the flash dont look as good in high resolution but they dont look so bad in low... so i rarely use the 1600x1200... but yes i suggest to carry a cleaning cloth to clear your lens prior to shooting
    04-12-09 11:02 PM
    I think this shows it doesnt look as bad as some may think?

that was max resolution.... now this is lowest

How do u set max resolution?
    04-14-09 08:08 PM
    While on the camera mode hipt menu go to options and there pick size which has a resolution next to it 1600 x 1200 being the max.
    04-14-09 08:20 PM
    That's beautiful!

Here's the kind of picture my flip takes. It was a slightly overcast day, but otherwise, it was beautiful. The camera takes pretty poor pictures for me!

(3 brownie points to whomever can identify the location)
    St-Denis?

</fill>
    04-14-09 08:27 PM
    - nope - The back street of 'Paris' in EPCOT.

We took a 2-hour tour on Segways. It was pretty fun (and no people).
    04-15-09 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD