I've downloaded the latest software from Blackberry (the desktop manager suite) and despite having uninstall and install issues, finally have it loaded again.
    The software still keeps crashing, but only after I use it once.
    I can use it again after a reboot.
    This is very frustrating as I can't see where I can get some tech support, either from T mobile or Blackberry.
    On trying to install, the cpu leaps to 100% usage.
    I have Win XP SP2 with 1 gig ram. Should be okay.
    Any help appreciated.
    10-12-07 06:26 PM
    I would first uninstall all Blackberry desktop software on your PC that you can succeed in doing via the add/remove programs applet.

You then need to do a little research on the web and find out where the RIM software is installed in the Windows registry. You should then carefully, manually delete all corresponding registry entries, followed by a reboot. Then perform the install again.
    10-13-07 04:53 PM
    Thanks for responding.
    I do have to eat a little crow, as I did speak to t Mobile tech support, who transfered me to Blackberry for a free tech support session.
    After 85 minutes on the phone with Blackberry, I thought it had solved the problem (they told me SP2 was for vista and to return to SP1.
    It did seem better but I then could bot locate my media card in the Media Manager suite.
    So now I'm back to SP2 and it works roughly 50% of the time. I can live with that for now.
    10-14-07 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD