Ok so my phone is on a blackberry enterprise network through my work and I just upgraded from the 8700 to the 8100. I was able to send and receive SMS texts with the 8700 just fine.

Now from my 8100 I can send SMS texts but can not receive them because my firewall is blocking them and it is disabled from allowing me to change it.

After days on the phone with RIM support and my IT guy nothing has worked. I even got a new SIM card. I have all the correct OS, IT resent our company profile to my phone with all the settings open as far as receiving SMS messages. I have deleted and rebooted.. everything. The whole 9 yards.

Another guy in my office that got the same phone has the same issue.
    we receive emails and incoming calls just fine.

So when you go to options - security settings - firewall it shows my SMS, MMS, and PIN messages as being blocked and will not allow me to change them

What am I am I missing? Anyone else have this problem???
    HELP? any suggestions? I love the phone but cant go without texts!
    12-13-07 10:51 PM
    Never mind - RIM support figured out that our network settings are different for each kind of phone. MOST employees have the 8700, so when I upgraded to the 8100 the default settings did not apply. They had to be set up to match the other phones accordingly
    12-14-07 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD