I am looking to see if there is a way to make the SMS text area larger then the 100+ characters it allows now to be almost unlimited or at least 1000+characters!

Thanks a lot for your help

Matt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 06:45 PM
    nope you could send an email or a pin message no way around the 160 character limit
    09-03-08 06:47 PM
    The 160 character limit is imposed by the Short Messaging Service specification. Some phones will automagicaly break a larger message into smaller SMS chunks and send the message as a series of SMS messages.

09-03-08 10:29 PM
    well is there a way to have the blackberry split it up? any software?
    09-03-08 10:42 PM
    There's no software you can install. As pauldriver said, some carriers implement Extended SMS, which lets you send up to 6 160-char messages (960 char total) and breaks a long message into 160-char submessages automatically. Verizon doesn't implement ESMS. I'm guessing Telus doesn't either, or you wouldn't be asking the question.

Pins are unlimited in length. As are emails.
    09-03-08 10:51 PM
    I do not think there is a way to split it up but if your phone is MMS capable you can send up to 900 characters. Your best bet however is to email if you really have that much to type. Hope this helps and good luck.
    09-03-08 10:52 PM
    There's no software you can install. As pauldriver said, some carriers implement Extended SMS, which lets you send up to 6 160-char messages (960 char total) and breaks a long message into 160-char submessages automatically. Verizon doesn't implement ESMS. I'm guessing Telus doesn't either, or you wouldn't be asking the question.

haha yeah TELUS isn;t too keen with the whole auto-splitting, it's been three years since i had a TELUS phone with that ability. Unfortunately I am the only one among my friends with a BB so PIN messages won't work and half of them still live in the middle of nowhere with dial-up so they don't check their emails too often... oh well!
    09-05-08 11:11 PM
    With my old Verizon phones it would let me type more than 160 characters. It didn't send it as an mms either. Not sure how it does it, but all of my friends get annoyed when I have to break mine up and type it as 2 separate ones. Wish my phone had this simple feature, but I don't send huge texts all of the time so it's not that big of a deal.

09-06-08 12:27 PM

ATT breaks it up for ya.... hahah yay
    09-07-08 08:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD