yeah i just got this pearl few weeks ago and i noticed its really slow, when im opening my picture folder it takes like 5 minutes then when i click the picture it takes like 2 minutes and it laggs while its in the camera, i deleted everything (pictures music everything) then i took one picture and it was like this again

anyone know how to fix this?
    07-31-09 01:49 AM
    If you have a SD card in you Blackberry, make sure your pictures are saving to it. You can check this by opening your camera > Options > Store Pictures. It should say "On Media Card". If it doesn't, change it so it does.

If you do not have a media card. I highly suggest getting one.

Also, make sure you are closing your apps properly. You can check what apps are running by pressing menu on the icon screen and selecting switch application. There are five that should be running at all times: Browser, Phone, Homescreen, Messages, & Blackberry Messenger (and myfaves if you are on T-Mobile.) If there are any extra, open the app and close it by either using Menu > Close or the back key.

You may very well have a lack of memory problem. The 8100 only has 48 Mb memory, which needs to be managed quite closely. Go to Options > Status to check your File Free. The suggested amount is about 12MB for your Blackberry to run properly.

Have a look at this post as well http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/. It is a very helpful tutorial on memory optimization.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD