Ive been looking through alot of threads on here and i cant seem to find anything that will help me out. So here i am posting a new thread.

I got my pearl in june and have kept really good care of it. However lately it has been so slow that i want to throw it across the room. Here are teh issues I am having :

I will go into my blackberry messenger contact list, click a name to start a conversation with, i get the hour glass for a couple of minutes, then i get a please wait, then the hour glass again, the conversation screen will open (hour glass still there) and then go back out to the contact list screen, and i have to do this about 10 times in order to start a conversation with someone.

It will do this also with SMS messages, the second i want to reply the hour glass will come on the screen and when it disappears i will try and type something and teh hour glass will come back on for a few minutes and then itll try and type what i wrote(and it jumbles all my words). Ususally when this starts happpening alot (the SMS and BB messenger) i pull the batery, it helps somewhat but it never really puts things back to normal, its still slow.

My phone freezes, it will freeze for hours, then i pull the battery to restart my phone, and it will take 15+ minutes to boot back up.

A freind of mine said he thought the battery was shot, is this possible or is it my phone? Someone please help.
    11-09-09 11:09 AM
    This sounds like a memory issue. The Pearl's are notorious for having very little internal memory for processing.

Go to Options> Status> post the file-free you have and that should be a good starting point.
    11-09-09 12:18 PM
    File free is : 2118116 Bytes
    11-09-09 01:44 PM
    That's definitely your problem, you need to free up some memory. Generally I keep my phone anywhere from 10000000 to 14000000, that's normally a safe, quick operating speed.

Gimme a little while and I'll provide you with some additional info, just busy at work at the moment...
    11-09-09 02:17 PM
    sounds good, thank you. My friend didnt say anything about my memory being the problem because his was lower than mine and his works better than mine lol

But whenever you get the time would be great, Thanks
    11-09-09 02:40 PM
    OK, this thread should tell you everything you need to know about memory optimization.

I've found my biggest culprits of eating up memory are open and running programs and my browser cache.

EDIT: that link appears to be broken... gimme a minute.

EDIT AGAIN: Just go here, the thread is near the bottom. It's called "How to increase your blackberry's file-free memory."
    Last edited by RobotnumberOne; 11-09-09 at 03:06 PM.
    11-09-09 02:56 PM
    alrighty i went in a did everything it said and also another one posted and guide and i seem to be up to 11290415 so thats quite a bit more than what i started with, hope it says quick.

Thanks you were a HUGE help
    Last edited by efulkerth; 11-09-09 at 03:37 PM.
    11-09-09 03:35 PM
    oh before i forget, anyway to delete the yahoo messenger and google messenger or do you just have to hide them? it came preloaded onto my phone and i wont use them because of the bb messenger and msn.
    11-09-09 03:53 PM
    No problem at all, glad you got it running well.

To delete apps permanently, go to Options> Advanced Options> Applications> highlight the app you want to delete, click the menu (BB) button and select delete. I'm pretty sure you can delete those messengers but not positive. I don't have them on my phone but can't remember if I personally deleted them or if they were never there in the first place... I think I did it.

Hiding them does just that, only hides the icon on the home screen.
    11-10-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD