My girlfriend has a problem with her Pearl 8100 in which the SIM card "slips" and results in dropped calls, muffled calls, etc. It doesn't occur all the time but frequently enough to be frustrating. She called T-Mobile customer service today but was told there was nothing they could do. Unfortunately, she lives in Michigan and I live in California so I have not been able to see the actual phone.

Has anyone had this problem and, if so, were you able to correct it?

Thanks.
    06-22-08 11:07 PM
    This started happening to me recently after having the 8100 for several months. Usually it happens when the phone is not in use, and when I go to use in SIM CARD ERROR is shown on the screen. Not sure why this happens or how to fix it, but if you are careful when handling the phone, it definitely happens less often.
    06-23-08 08:54 AM
    I have this same problem as well ..... I haven't noticed muffled calls or dropped calls just Sim card error when I pick my phone up

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 11:15 PM
    I used to have that problem, but mostly after dropping it (barely). Not sure if there's anything you CAN do unless it's under warranty.
    06-23-08 11:17 PM
    Home remedy.. I just tore off a little corner of a business card and slid it in between the sim card and the sim card clip. The clip slid into place a little tighter and I haven't had the problem in months!
    06-24-08 06:57 PM
    Unrest, thanks for the tip. I have been having this problem off and on over the last month. I will definitely give this a try!

06-24-08 09:20 PM
    Home remedy.. I just tore off a little corner of a business card and slid it in between the sim card and the sim card clip. The clip slid into place a little tighter and I haven't had the problem in months!
    I was going to suggest this. The sim is only held down by tension. So, add something and increase the tension. I'd be surprised if it didn't work.

06-24-08 10:08 PM
    Mine randomly will say "Insert SIM". This is a device flaw and a replacement won't fix it (unless BB changes the design)...

Also, I've never heard of this issue causing muffled calls as it's only a memory chip with the customer's information. I would have her call tech support. Could be wrong though :-)
    07-01-08 10:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD