Well, i just i my new pearl 8220, and so far im not impressed. Every 5 minutes the sim card moves some way and i have to take out the battery, re insert the sim card, and wait for it to load for another 5 mins. Does anyone know how to fix the sim card issue? It gets recetpion then all of a sudden it doesnt read the sim card anymore....
    05-07-09 12:33 AM
    might be a defective phone cuz its hte first time i heard this issue on the forums....
    05-07-09 01:02 AM
    Some have fixed the problem with a section of a piece of thin cardboard or plastic on top of the SIM card.
    05-07-09 07:42 AM
    Are people liking this phone?
    05-07-09 09:11 AM
    Are people liking this phone?

i love mine!
    05-07-09 12:24 PM
    I "like" mine for an entry level phone it is cool but i am now thinking i should have up'd the $50 bucks and got the 8900 when i upgraded but for a $25 dollar phone it is fantasticly fun. I am still new to the BB world but already see I am still a little ignorant as to how to make this phone work at its maximum. hope this helps
    05-07-09 03:32 PM
    I had the same problem with my flip from T-Mobile. I taped the sim card down it didn't work, then I thought it was my sim card, so I replaced it and the problem continued. I finally told T-Mobile this is ridiculous and to replace the phone. They sent me a new Flip and it's been working great ever since. I love this phone. (now that it works) I do however have one problem with this phone. If you are like me and don't like to use a holster get a screen guard or a hard case for the front of the phone. The face of the 8220 has less scratch resistance than an instant lotto ticket.
    Last edited by flipbird; 05-08-09 at 08:42 AM. Reason: add'l info
    05-08-09 08:33 AM
    might be a defective phone cuz its hte first time i heard this issue on the forums....
    Or it could be that the phone is not registered to be used with the OP's SIM card. When I swapped out SIM cards to my friends Bold (on TMO), all that kept showing up was "SIM Card Error" or "Insert SIM Card" messages, .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 08:42 AM
    I had the same issue. However, it is not the SIM card moving around. You should try getting a new SIM card. That's what I did and I haven't had the problem since.
    Hope that works for you!
    05-12-09 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD