Hello All,

I'm a new user to the forum but really like modding gadgets and the BB 8130 has been my latest toy. I've edited a few items as well as ripped movies (my own) to it to view when I'm on the go.

The only thing is that I've dropped my BB now and the chrome side panels are chipped. I ordered a new set online and have them but I'm not 100% certain on how to replace them. I've looked online but I can't seem to find any instructions. If anyone knows where I can find some, I would appreciate it.

A link, some tips.....anything please.

Thank you.

- Blackberry, 8130, on the Verizon network.
    05-14-08 04:42 PM
    You must first remove the battery door. Then remove the plastic bottom piece (will have your service provider's logo on it) by prying off with your fingers from the back. There are 4 screws that hold the sides in place. They are T6-sized torx screws (really small). The four screws are on each corner. After removing the screws you can gently pry the side pieces out.
    05-14-08 05:06 PM
    Ryanfisher - Thank you very much for confirming that for me. I saw an 8800 video online but wasn't sure if it was the same for the 8130. I'll make sure to try it (carefully) and see if I can change them out.

Second quick question, since the bottom piece comes off with my fingernail, how many times can it be done before it starts to loosen up and does it have any adhesive to it?

Thanks again for your quick response.
    05-14-08 05:14 PM
    This demo uses the 8100, procedure same for 8130

05-14-08 05:52 PM
    Not sure how many times you can remove the bottom part. I have taken mine off 3 times and its not loose at all. I don't remember any adhesive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-08 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD