Hey

I just got my Blackberry a few days ago, it seems pretty cool but I was wondering how to shut off all running apps? So, if I start playing Brickbreaker, and jump back to my home screen by pushing the back button (to the right of the trackball), the app is still running, right? Because when I go back into Brickbreaker, it says paused? I was reading around on these forums, and apparently, if apps are kept running, it kills your battery life? So, my question is how would I shut off all running apps, without actually going through all the apps I've opened, and closing them one by one?

Also, can I put emoticons in SMS text? If so, how?

Thanks in advance, this forum is great!

Smaan
    01-15-09 02:48 PM
    To close running apps, hold the Shift key (bottom left) and press the Back button. A screen will pop up with the apps that are running. There are 5 apps that you can't completely close. These would include Browser, Phone, Messages, BBMessenger and Home Screen. You can close them, but they won't leave that screen. Just scroll to the app you want closed, let go of the Shift key, it will take you to that app, press Menu and select Close.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by skullgame45; 01-15-09 at 02:59 PM.
    01-15-09 02:56 PM
    The best thing to get in a habit of doing is pressing menu and select close every time you exit a program. Keep in mind you can't close the programs that skullgame45 mentioned above.
    01-16-09 07:01 AM
    Thanks for the help!
    01-17-09 02:25 PM
    I forgot how to do that close app thing. Thanks!! As for emoticons you have to make em, or at least that's what I do. : ) for a smile, : ( for a frown, etc. If there's an emoticon app tell me where to download!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD