DID YOU KNOW???

that the Curve 8900 has a slightly larger screen than the Bold, even though it is a slightly smaller device?

A nice move my RIM if I do say so myself.
    I thought the screen was slightly smaller on 8900 but the resolution was higher? I thought thats how it was.
    02-05-09 01:10 PM
    I thought the screen was slightly smaller on 8900 but the resolution was higher? I thought thats how it was.
    go to phone arena and check it out in the sizing thing they have here. I think the screen is a tad bit bigger
    02-05-09 02:26 PM
    its only on tmobile, which is the smallest contract wireless provider. also, i doubt if it will really ever take off on the crackberry forums because its more for people that want a phone that does email and internet when they need it, not an internet and email device thats a phone when u need it.

imho, i think the pearl flip is an amazing and well designed phones. they manages to get the keyboard on it just right, and in time people will start appreciating it a little more. i personally cant wait for it to come out on verizon. its a potential alternative to the dissapointment known as "storm", and should be about $200 cheaper full price.
    I got mine because for business purposes. I loved my other brick berries, but I needed one small enough to fit my ever growing collection of clutch handbags. I think it will take off on the forums once it goes to the other carriers and people see how great it is. Then again, I kind of like being the only person I see/know with one.
    02-05-09 03:40 PM
    I have had almost every berry and I will never give up my flip berry.......

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 10:41 PM
    I replaced the Curve with the Flip and like it a whole lot. I guess I like the phone first approach (open answer, close end), although I wish there was no lag in dialing. RIM should have used a faster processor (it's the same as original Curve) considering the new more complicated OS.

They keyboard is great, and Suretype works just fine for my needs. It gives me a childish sense of victory every time it gets a word right, which is usually always. When it doesn't, I actually enjoy entering the word in the custom dictionary, knowing that next time I'm covered. The Flip has the LARGEST keys of any Blackberry EVER! I don't have to use the tips of my XL thumbs like on the Curve.

The browser sucks but I hardly ever use it. I do use FreeRange RSS reader (simple and fast, with trackball page down) daily for all my news needs. I was worried that the narrower screen would interfere with my reading (less words per line) but I don't even notice it.

Although I use the case at work, I really like just sticking it in my pocket when out or on my motorcycle. Yes the Flip is a macho black leather jacket kinda phone (Although I'm sure it looks sexy on you TeritaM).

A 3g, fast processor autofocus (ala 8900) camera Flip would be all I could ask for. UMA is killer too.
    Last edited by galavanter; 02-06-09 at 04:49 AM.
    02-06-09 04:38 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD