while i was playing around with it today at work i noticed that the trackball seems to be spring loaded. if you lightly touch it, it will sink down to the "button" thats under it (not a the click action, that happens if i keep pressing harder). if you dont apply enough pressure (just barely touch it) the scroll doesnt work. should this "slop" be there? i didnt really mess with the store model much and ive never had a bb so i cant really compare. its not a huge deal, its just something i noticed.
    10-14-08 04:47 PM
    while i was playing around with it today at work i noticed that the trackball seems to be spring loaded. if you lightly touch it, it will sink down to the "button" thats under it (not a the click action, that happens if i keep pressing harder). if you dont apply enough pressure (just barely touch it) the scroll doesnt work. should this "slop" be there? i didnt really mess with the store model much and ive never had a bb so i cant really compare. its not a huge deal, its just something i noticed.
    this seems normal. mine does this as well!
    10-14-08 04:51 PM
    It's normal. The only thing different with the Flip is the trackball is maybe 1/8 inch lower than the other trackballs. The slop should be there and when I use my trackball it moves around the screen fine.

If you're new to BB you need to use it more before you get comfortable with it. Every device has its own touch.
    10-14-08 05:12 PM
    Yeah I'm a noob. I can use it fine. Just wanted to verify I didn't have a bad trackball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 05:57 PM
    yes totally noramal on all trackballs
    10-14-08 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD