Topic says it all. I got sprint. I am looking for a nice phone, they are out of curves and after all the talk with sprint, I wont be able to get the curve cause they are out of stock. The pearl looks as though it has all the features of the curve, just smaller in stature with the weird keyboard. Is this a nice phone to have? Honest opinions, I dont need everyone saying "CURVE!!!
    " or something, I just want honest opinions about how the phone handles itself
    07-09-08 04:04 PM
    I have a pearl with sprint and I have been extremely happy with it. I am a treo convert so it did take some getting used to without the touchscreen but the stability and function more than makes up for it. Go for it
    07-09-08 04:13 PM
    Blackberries are App machines right? Like i can get easy movie info, weather info, any info you need?
    07-09-08 04:17 PM
    yup, pearl is basically the same phone as the curve, just without the full QWERTY.

honestly, I thought it was gonna be a pain the *** to go from a full QWERTY to a Suretype, but its a breeze. The pearl is a great option, you wont be disappointed.

and yup, you can get all that info!
    07-09-08 06:24 PM
    How is the instinct? Looks cheap to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 06:28 PM
    i
    love my Pearl. I came from a V am not missing it one bit. I thouht SureType would be a pain coming fron the qwerty keyboard the V had but not so. Also the V had the mobile web which stinks.
    It is a good thing I have the unlimited data plan because I'm always using it.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the Pearl.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-08 06:45 PM
    Having come from full keyboards & touch screen keyboards, I have to say that the Pearl is a beautifully small package. I cant speak about the Curve since I dont have one, but I can admit that SureType is your friend; as Pone said, "its a breeze."

So in answer to your question, YES, the Pearl is a nice phone to have. My suggestion though is to try both of them before making a final decision based on the preference of others.

Also, allow me to add that there have been many members here who had the Pearl and switched to the Curve and love it more. The number of Pearl to Curve switchers is very high; its the opposite for Curve to Pearl.

I've seen so much news/post that say the Curve is in/out of stock that its hard to keep up with. Have you checked your local Sprint store or are you looking online for the Curve?
    07-09-08 07:03 PM
    I LOVE! My pearl, so I may be a little biased...

But I would have to say that the pearl is definitely better than any other BB out there. The size is perfect for taking with you anywhere, and the suretype doesn't take long at all to get used to.

I have played around with my friend's curve, and I have to say that the keyboard is quite nice and the size isn't too bad.

I just think overall the pearl is a better choice.
    07-09-08 08:42 PM
    My wife loves her pearl.
    07-09-08 08:48 PM
    Hi - this is my first BB and I went with the Pearl. It works great. Many friends have the curve and it looks really nice but the Pearl is about the same size as the Razr and has a ton of functions. I too thought I'd have issues with the keyboard and long nails and all....I am just fine on it.
    07-09-08 08:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD