i am looking to get a blackberry, and i dont really want a big one! will the pearl be the way to go?! does it have all the features the bigger blackberries have?!

** Does the pearl (8130) have MMS text messaging?
    ** Can you lock just the text messages? Not just the whole phone?
    Last edited by matt.thibeault; 07-18-08 at 09:30 PM.
    07-18-08 08:08 PM
    i am looking to get a blackberry, and i dont really want a big one! will the pearl be the way to go?! does it have all the features the bigger blackberries have?!
    I for one love my Pearl (8120)! I think it has most of the features of the big one.
    07-18-08 08:10 PM
    I was the same way when I went looking to upgrade my (really) old phone. I wanted a smart phone but I didn't want to carry around a brick. The Pearl is a great small size and for me, it does everything I could want.
    07-18-08 08:28 PM
    love my pearl
    07-18-08 08:29 PM
    The pearl does everything the "big" blackberries have, minus the qwerty keyboard and larger screen with better graphics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-08 08:33 PM
    yup, the 8130 will do everything the curve does, but will still fit in your pocket
    07-18-08 08:36 PM
    Yeah....the pearls are just great...the size is small & easy to handle too...
    07-18-08 08:50 PM
    Go for it! My wife loves hers!
    07-18-08 08:56 PM
    I love my pearl. It does eveything I need and then some. And I love the small size. It fits great in my pocket. Since I don't use a holster it perfect. I would suggest you go to the store and play with the phones. But I recommend the pearl

07-18-08 08:59 PM
    I love my pearl and it does everything I want. The lack of a qwerty keyboard also means a few of the keyboard shortcuts aren't available or are different.There is no soft reset option on the Pearl(without dowloadin a special app). Also the suretype may take some getting used to. For me the small size trumps this.
    07-18-08 09:21 PM
    The Pearl is a great device. Suretype might take some getting used to.

07-18-08 09:57 PM
    The pearl is a good BB you'll love it
    I like my curve better than i liked my pearl but if size matters to you then you cant go wrong with the Pearl.
    07-18-08 10:11 PM
    I couldn't be happier with my Pearl! I love how small it is yet it does everything I need it to do. I had the Palm Treo and although it was great, it was like talking on a brick. I never had the Curve, I thought about it but I was drawn to the size of the Pearl.
    You won't be disappointed!

07-18-08 11:01 PM

** Does the pearl (8130) have MMS text messaging?
    ** Can you lock just the text messages? Not just the whole phone?
    First, I *love* my Pearl (8130)...I've had it for 5 months and I've had no regrets!

It DOES have MMS text messaging capabilities.
    You CANNOT lock *just* the text messages. Locking the whole BB is the only way to secure your phone.
    07-18-08 11:49 PM
    I have the Perl and like it, but wish I had the Curve for the larger keyboard and Display. If I had the Curve I would wish I had the Perl for the size (I'm never happy). Go try them out int he store. If the curve will still fit in your pocket nicely then...
    07-19-08 12:04 AM
    Everyone pretty much summed up the Pearl...just my $0.02...go for it!
    07-19-08 12:15 AM
    This is my second BB and I love the pearl. I would of course love to have the curve but the pearl is sweet because of its size. Go for it. You will never want another phone once you get a BB.

07-19-08 09:12 AM
    I love my Pearl. I got it because I wanted easy access to my email. I work for myself, and am wanted to be able to get my emails when I'm away without accessing a POP3 application like I would have had to on my Razr. My husband had a Motorola Q at the time and I didn't like its size, so I knew I didn't want a "standard" PDA. (BTW, he just got his own Crackberry Curve today!) The Pearl is perfect - I get all the bells and whistles in a "regular" sized phone. I just added VZ Navigator (Verizon's answer to GPS) and am LOVING it - not available on most other regular phones.
    07-19-08 12:48 PM
    I love my Pearl. I got it because I wanted easy access to my email. I work for myself, and am wanted to be able to get my emails when I'm away without accessing a POP3 application like I would have had to on my Razr. My husband had a Motorola Q at the time and I didn't like its size, so I knew I didn't want a "standard" PDA. (BTW, he just got his own Crackberry Curve today!) The Pearl is perfect - I get all the bells and whistles in a "regular" sized phone. I just added VZ Navigator (Verizon's answer to GPS) and am LOVING it - not available on most other regular phones.
    VZNav is available on almost every single one of their other "regular" phones. My mum's got their piece of dook EnV, and even she has it.
    07-19-08 12:55 PM
    Pearl user on vzw here!

Works great! Upgraded from razor, and I love it!

I wanted the power of BB, with the size of razor...introduce BB pearl.

Sure type is awesome. It took me all of a few days to get the gang of it. It is so much faster than ABT thing I have ever used.

The other day I tried to send a text with my wife's standard cell phone...OMG!

I was so frustrated! It took me forever to type one sentance that took a blink on my pearl!

Get Viigo, Google maps, and mobitv for a truly fun device!

07-19-08 03:23 PM
    Oh by the way, I typed all of that on my pearl using SureType, in a minute or two...lol

07-19-08 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD