*This thread is for ShortcutMe beta testers with BlackBerry Tour 81xx*

Need beta testers who can test new handy features (quick stock market data, Quick 5 days weather forecast, Check for Software Updates, Email a shortcut to a friend, Screenshot Capture, etc) in the ShortcutMe 3.5.6.0

Will give out free licenses of ShortcutMe to 5 beta testers.

If you are interested in beta testing, please send email to support at fonware dot ca.

In your email please specify the followings:
    Your BB model number (81??),
    Your BB OS version,
    Your CrackBerry user name,
    Used ShortcutMe before? Own a license key already

As usual fully functional free trial version is available from here:
    ShortcutMe, Fastest BlackBerry Shortcuts Application - Personal Productivity Blackberry Software

FYI:

ShortcutMe is a super fast, powerful, yet easy to setup, BlackBerry shortcuts application that allows you to
    - assign 6 applications/tasks to your BlackBerry Convenience/Side Keys.
    - create your own shortcuts for your BlackBerry for:

- Launching most of BlackBerry and 3rd party applications
    - Quickly (<2 seconds) checking 5 days weather forecast for yours and other cities
    - Quickly (<2 seconds) checking your stock market portfolio and indexes.
    - Taking screen-shots (With Quality and Delay setting)

and more ...

You can launch your shortcuts by:
    - Multiple clicking convenience keys (Extremely fast)
    - Conv.Key + your shortcut (i.e. A+B or A for Address Book) (Very fast)
    - Conv.Key + part of your shortcut to see related shortcuts (i.e U for utility) (fast)
    - Conv. key + trackball (Slow)

Short video clips about ShortcutMe:

Do you want to double click (from anywhere) to see the weather forecast for your city and other 3 cities in less than 2 seconds later?
    See video (61 seconds) demoing this feature:

Do you want to double click at any time to capture the current screen?
    See video (46 seconds) demoing this feature:

What about double clicking to toggle Bluetooth?

See video (46 seconds) demoing this feature:

New YouTube HD clip for ShortcutMe, the fastest BlackBerry Shortcut application, can be found here:

Those who already have bought it from an online shop (including App World), can upgrade to the latest version of ShortcutMe by downloading the trial version (Link shown above). The trail version will turn into a fully licensed version as soon as it is downloaded.
    So App World shoppers don't need to wait weeks for getting the latest version of ShortcutMe!
    07-28-09 08:41 PM
    If your looking for pearl testers I'm up for it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 07:36 AM
    If your looking for pearl testers I'm up for it

Good. Send the email as it is requested in the first post in this thread to get the OTA link.
    07-29-09 07:45 AM
    Please let me know if the following features are working:

1- Check for Software Updates (Conv.Key>Menu/BB Key>"Check for Updates")

2- 5 days weather forecast (Conv.Key>Menu/BB key>"Add new Shortcut">AppName="Weather_F")

3- Quick check of Stock Market data (Conv.Key>Menu/BB key>"Add new Shortcut">AppName=StocksOverview, Parameter=Rimm;rim.to)
    Last edited by Vijik; 07-30-09 at 06:00 AM.
    07-29-09 07:53 AM
    Ok I downloaded it and so far so good its a bit tricky to configure it to how you want it but it's completely adjustable to how you want it display wise
    all I have to do is figure out how to add my apps and the weather and I think it'll be great !!!

07-29-09 01:14 PM
    This is a great app! I beta tested the last version, and will gladly test this version as well. I love this app, it changed the way I use my BB! I will send an email later tonight.

07-29-09 02:32 PM
    Ok I downloaded it and so far so good its a bit tricky to configure it to how you want it but it's completely adjustable to how you want it display wise
    all I have to do is figure out how to add my apps and the weather and I think it'll be great !!!

Adding or editing a shortcut is very easy. This is how you add a simple shortcut:

1- Conv.Key>Menu/BB Key>"Add new Shortcut"
    2- Either click on "Select Shortcut Type" button (for most used shortcuts) or click when "AppName" is highlighted and select an application from the drop down menu.
    3- Choose one or more shortcut characters and press ESC to save.
    07-30-09 05:59 AM
    Sent you an email.
    07-30-09 06:22 AM
    Ok so I've figured out all the shortcuts to apps on the phone now I need to figure out weather

One thing I have noticed is that since installing the app I seem to be getting random crashes this could be the app or it could be my os I'm on version 4.5.0.162

07-30-09 06:26 AM
    Ok so I've figured out all the shortcuts to apps on the phone now I need to figure out weather

One thing I have noticed is that since installing the app I seem to be getting random crashes this could be the app or it could be my os I'm on version 4.5.0.162

When the crashes happen, when you are using ShortcutMe?
    ShortcutMe does not run in the background so you should not get any crash because of it being installed on your BB.

How much flash memory do you have left?
    07-30-09 06:29 AM

I just saw on this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/new...-162-a-264086/

that other people like you have also had many crashes with the new OS for Pearl and they don't have installed ShortcutMe! Looks like a OS problem than ShortcutMe.
    No one has so far reported us any BB crashes because of ShortcutMe.
    07-30-09 06:39 AM
    Yeah that's what I was thinking I don't think its the software I think its the os I was just suprised because it only started after I installed the app

I might downgrade the os tonight and see if that fixes it

07-30-09 08:32 AM
    Yeah that's what I was thinking I don't think its the software I think its the os I was just suprised because it only started after I installed the app

I might downgrade the os tonight and see if that fixes it

I haven't received any info form any one saying that ShortcutMe having this kind of problems on any BB OS, but based on the feedbacks from other testers of that OS in that thread, BB crashes regardless of what apps you have installed on it.
    07-30-09 09:22 AM
    I'm interested in checking this out..
    07-30-09 09:48 PM
    I haven't received any info form any one saying that ShortcutMe having this kind of problems on any BB OS, but based on the feedbacks from other testers of that OS in that thread, BB crashes regardless of what apps you have installed on it.
    it seems to have been the o/s as we both suspected i downgraded to 4.5.0.124 and all is good again

just a quick random question and yes i really am that clueless how do you get the weather to work i've tried but it makes no sense to me ......

i guess i'm one of those people who needs simple instructions and large pictures lol

loving device info and memory cleaner though
    07-31-09 03:36 PM
    it seems to have been the o/s as we both suspected i downgraded to 4.5.0.124 and all is good again

just a quick random question and yes i really am that clueless how do you get the weather to work i've tried but it makes no sense to me ......

i guess i'm one of those people who needs simple instructions and large pictures lol

loving device info and memory cleaner though
    Good to know that we were right.

For the weather just go to (on your PC):

http://weather.yahoo.com/

Find your city/location by clicking through country, state and city links. When you see the weather for the city you are interested in, check the link in the address field of the browser. The 8 digit code is the code you need to enter in ShortcutMe.

For example for United-States, Colorado, Agate you get a page with the following in the address bar of the browser:

http://weather.yahoo.com/Agate-Colorado-United-States/USCO0001/forecast.html

The code is then USCO0001.

You can have up to 4 codes (separated by ; ) for each of your shortcuts in ShortcutMe
    07-31-09 04:11 PM
    ShortcutMe 3.6.4.0 is now released.
    08-04-09 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD