Hey Pearl People,

I wanted to point out a problem thats been plaquing my Pearl. OK, enough with the P's.

Actually its not a big deal but I was hoping someone would know of a quick way to switch (toggle?) between Suretype & Multitap. For me its a pretty long process when I want to type in a word that isn't in the dictionary (like a product model number) and then switch back to Suretype.

Currently what I do is...

1. Bring up the menu
    2. Scroll to & select Enable Multitap
    3. Type in my unique word (something like: Sony XBR2B4000)
    4. Bring up the menu (again)
    5. Scroll to & select Enable Suretype
    6. continue with my normal typing

These steps really slow things down when I'm trying to write down a quick memo or constructing a "non-dictionary" word in an SMS message.

Any shortcuts?
    Any advice?

Thanks.
    12-29-07 02:16 PM
    Not that I know of but I would like to know. It would be awsome if there was a way to do it with the volume rocker. I've always wondered why you can't scroll with the volume rocker think that would be a good idea.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-07 04:13 PM
    I was hoping someone would know of a quick way to switch (toggle?) between Suretype & Multitap. For me its a pretty long process when I want to type in a word that isn't in the dictionary (like a product model number) and then switch back to Suretype.

Currently what I do is...

1. Bring up the menu
    2. Scroll to & select Enable Multitap
    3. Type in my unique word (something like: Sony XBR2B4000)
    4. Bring up the menu (again)
    5. Scroll to & select Enable Suretype
    6. continue with my normal typing
    The quick toggle or shortcut for SureType/Multitap which exists in the 8100, is unfortunately removed on the 8130. The Menu method you describe is currently the only way to switch between the two.
    12-29-07 05:41 PM
    Yep. That was removed in OS 4.2.1. Not sure why.
    12-29-07 07:15 PM
    What WAS the old method to quickly switch on the 8100? Maybe they just modified or moved the short cut?

Now that we are on the subject... I also was wondering if there was a quick way to switch to the second page of symbols after you hit the SYM (*) key on the 8130. Right now I am rolling the trackball down to the bottom of the screen to switch to the second page.
    12-29-07 10:46 PM
    I don't know the answer to the first question, but to switch quickly to the next page of symbols you can press the *SYM key again instead of scrolling thru them.
    12-30-07 01:42 AM
    black pearl...thank you, thank you!
    12-30-07 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD