I am trying to set a work email on my BB Pearl - I have the login and pw from my network admin at work and followed directions on the BB and it takes forever to "activate" and then gives me an error message saying "unable to activate, please see your network administrator". Went to him, he tried it again and said it could be the phone...Help?
    03-04-08 05:26 PM
    do you have data plan supporting BES??? password is only for 3 tries or48 hours as well then need a new one. try having bes account reset and reset device.
    03-04-08 05:48 PM
    Hi, thanks for your response - nw admin says yes, he reset and I retried with no activation...is there some sort of security I may have set on my BB that is hampering this?
    Thanks!
    03-04-08 07:20 PM
    Is your work e-mail on Microsoft Exchange or POP3? If Microsoft Exchange, they (your work) needs to have BES (Blackberry Exchange Server) with user connection licenses. You then configure for BES and not BIS. If POP3, then the POP3 server may need the access configuration verified.

An easier thing to do is to setup a att.blackberry.net e-mail and have your network admin forward all your e-mail messages to that new account, while keeping a copy on the server. Then set up the att.blackberry.net reply to address and information to be your work e-mail! You will actually find that you will receive messages on your blackberry a lot faster with this setup than using BIS or even BES!

Good luck!
    03-04-08 08:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD