currently I have my Yahoo account and blackberry account set up on my phone. I attempted to add an account, not stating it was a work address because I am afraid my provider will charge. But the minute I get into the setup wizard it pops up telling me to contact my provider.

Is there anyway around this?
    Last edited by dkeip; 11-10-09 at 04:37 PM.
    11-10-09 04:33 PM
    I don't believe there is, you'll need your IT Administrator to do it for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 08:49 PM
    currently I have my Yahoo account and blackberry account set up on my phone. I attempted to add an account, not stating it was a work address because I am afraid my provider will charge. But the minute I get into the setup wizard it pops up telling me to contact my provider.

Is there anyway around this?
    Your provider will not be charging anything if you add your work e-mail. The issue is that your phone has to join your work's Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) in order to receive your work e-mail. That requires a confirmation from the provider as well as your work but you will not be charge anything other than your data plan. The last time I ask for this feature, work e-mail to show up on my personal phone, my IT supe told me that I would not want to do that because whatever that you received in your phone after you join their BES becomes their property so in a way your "personal" phone is now theirs.
    11-12-09 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD