hey can you guys help me. when i try to get on the IM i shows the service not enable for this handheld. what is happening ? can you guys help me im pretty new to blackberry. thanks
    08-21-09 02:27 AM
    Do you have a messaging or data plan?
    08-21-09 03:53 AM
    no i dont have any dataplan. but i connect it to wi-fi the browser is working fine but the im its not working.can u help me pls. thanks
    08-21-09 02:54 PM
    The IM services that come pre-installed on T-Mobile BlackBerries require a date plan to use (AIM, BB Messenger, ICQ, etc). There isn't a way to configure it to use SMS instead, only data.

The only way that I know of to use the messaging services without a data plan is through an app called BeeJive, which allows you to utilize IM services through WiFi. You may not be able to use BBM this way however, because BeeJive only works with AIM/iChat/MobileMe, MSN/Windows Live, Yahoo!, MySpace, GoogleTalk, SameTime, ICQ, & Jabber.
    Last edited by KasiCatastrophe; 08-24-09 at 03:48 AM.
    08-24-09 03:46 AM
    oo thx. so do you think after i get the dataplan IM will works out too on wi-fi ?
    08-24-09 09:39 PM
    Yep. As soon as you have a data plan the IM will work on WiFi too. If the IM services you are wanting to use are only AIM/MSN/Yahoo and you aren't looking to use BBM, I would suggest checking out the app I posted above. They have a free trial period for you give it a try before purchasing. It would be less expensive than paying for the plan every month just to be able use IM.

However if you want to be able to use BBM then go ahead and get the data plan.
    08-25-09 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD