I am brand new to the blackberry (and therefore CB) world, recently switched from the Centro.

I loved this phone when it was working-I just got it a month ago. The more time goes on the more I am finding this phone sucks (or I don't know how to use it)

1. Text messaging-almost daily I am having to take out my memory card because I don't receive/am able to send texts. This battery removal temporarily fixes this
    2. Call logs- at the same time my call logs are always erased and it won't even let me view missed calls when I have them.
    3. Phone lags a lot or gets really slow.

I read online somewhere this may just be a memory issue, I know I do not have a memory card but is it necessary? I feel like the phone should atleast be able to do normal phone things such as calling people/receiving calls/texting.

I don't mean to sound so disgruntled, but essentially not having a functioning phone is frustrating. I feel like I am just an ***** and hopefully there is an easy fix.

Any advice/tips/help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks
    -Hank
    09-07-08 06:20 PM
    The memory card is for storing media, pics music etc. while it's nice to have it's not essential. The memory problem you are having is due to not closing applications properly and preloaded junk from the factory. Read this for answers to all your questions. Follow the guide and you'll be running smoothly. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    09-07-08 06:25 PM
    The memory I'm speaking of can be found at options>status, the file free number needs to be AT LEAST 12,000,000 for smooth operation.
    09-07-08 06:28 PM
    A couple things you can do right from your device, go to media>options>and set reserved picture memory to zero. That will give you an extra 2mg memory. Then go to options icon>advanced options and delete the BlackBerry sample video. While you are there go ahead and delete Russian and Semetic languages. Close out of applications properly by hitting the menu button(button to left of trackball) scroll down and select close. Hope this helps a bit...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-08 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD