Hey,

I've had my 8130 for about 7 months. Never had this happen to me until today.

I tried charging my phone via wall charger, and the charge icon would show by the battery meter for maybe 2-3 seconds, then disappear. Stops charging. No way of stopping it and my battery keeps draining as I try to fix it.

It's NOT the charger, because I tried a car charger and it did the same thing. And it's NOT the battery, because I have two and the phone is doing it with both. Both are barely charged enough to start the phone for 1 second before dying.

So I'm guessing it is the phone's port. But it makes no sense. How does it work for 2 seconds, then stop? I hope I'm not the only one with this problem. I bought this phone off eBay so I have no replacement plan or anything.

Please help! Thanks!
    01-07-09 01:38 AM
    It could also be the battery...
    01-07-09 01:51 AM
    Both batteries could be bad, or more likely the contact pins in your phone aren't making good contact with the battery.

Or like you said, the port could be bad.

In the future, you can buy insurance on electronics purchased on eBay through squaretrade.com, they have very reasonable prices.
    01-07-09 02:15 AM
    Both batteries could be bad, or more likely the contact pins in your phone aren't making good contact with the battery.

Or like you said, the port could be bad.

In the future, you can buy insurance on electronics purchased on eBay through squaretrade.com, they have very reasonable prices.
    This could very well be. If the contact pins are not making a good connection then it could possibly charge for a few seconds and stop.
    01-07-09 08:02 AM
    Try a battery pull and then plug it in again...worked for me!
    01-07-09 08:42 PM
    My Pearl just did this to me, and the only fix was to perform a hard reset. The software was somehow causing the issue.

This is the second time in the past 2 months that I have had to completely wipe the phone.

It's getting rather old. If I have to reset everything again I am likely to dump the Berry for another Smart Phone.
    01-30-09 10:14 PM
    I had the same issue last fall, had to insert the charger 75%and leave it on a flat service.

Called bell and they replaced my pearl under warranty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD