Hi All,

I am new and I did try and seach and found out what appears to be my biggest fear. Cannot send .MP3 to people.

I have both an 8110 and an 8120. Love em big time, have been a Palm Treo and HTC touch user and am settling in well.

I use my smartphones for business and pften need to send large files. I just assumed this would not be a problem but I have a 5mb .mp3 file that I must send to other blackberry users who I deal with and cannot seem to make this work.

I communicate with my associates on BB Messenger and got a message saying file too large must be under 15kb's that is nto right consdering I sent pictures that were much bigger then that without and issue.

I have tried to send them a PIN message (which I assume is essentially the same as a BB Messenger message) and cannot send attachments this way apparently. Seen some wierd thing in the menu call "Now Playing" and though that might send an audio or movie file but that was not any help. I also tried to send via e-mail and same issue, file too big.

There has got to be a way for me to send large files to other BB users. Please tell this is possible some how or else I am in big trouble and have wasted money on a couple BB's for nothing.

Thanks in advance!
    07-04-08 04:02 PM
    I just tried to send attachments from a PC and get an error on the blackberry and I tried to place the fil eon a web server and they user gets an error saing cannot view file, what is going on here? you tell me I cannot even get a file to fellow blackberry users???
    07-04-08 05:00 PM
    Idk man, but it is true. And it sucks. I tried to send a video file that was 7mb and it said that the file was too large..... That's a bummer, I would think that the limit is 2 - 3 mb? Idk, hopefully there is a fix to this

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-08 07:08 PM
    Thanks for your reply, I hope there will be a work around of some type in futre, I guess it may make sense and not everyone has a large or unlimited data plan. But those users that are not restricted by their plans should not restricted by the device.

I still love my pearl though!
    07-04-08 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD