Ok, Well......Just got my new 8220 in the mail yesterday and after messing around with it all evening, I have come to a conclusion! I hate it! I tried to talk myself into adapting to this phone, but I cant. SOOOOO, I am sending it it back for the Curve. I dont like the flip aspect of this phone and I think its cheaply built. That is only my opinion on this phone. Some of you may like it for other reasons, but I have a business and I should have purchased the curve in the beginning. I still have my 8120 which I LOVE! Something else I dont like about the new flip phone is that the OS is very slow. That drives me nuts! Hopefully my new curve will be here by Friday. Good luck to all your 8220 owners.
    10-28-08 10:51 AM
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck with the 8220. Hope the Curve works out for you.
    10-28-08 11:02 AM
    I really find it crazy that people are not liking the 8220 when they've already had the 81xx. Its the same phone except for 3 things. Its a flip, obviously. Either you're a flip person or you're not and I think people are buying this phone because its a new Blackberry and they're trying to MAKE themselves like because of that, or because its the first flip by BlackBerry, or they like the new neat look. 2nd the brand new software. It is laggy and buggy but anything new is going to be that way. New 1st edition anything will be buggy. 3rd is the keypad. Its bigger. Way bigger to me because I have big "manly thumbs" lol and I text A LOT. The inset trackball isn't that big of a deal. Yes the phone should be able to do a lot of things others do but that'll be fixed with updates I'm sure. Now how long it'll take I don't know considering my wife just got her 4.5 update officially through T.Mobile last week! I do agree this phone could've been better built and shouldn't warrant the $349 price tag. I think they could've used some acrylic and better polished materials like the Pearl 81xx series and made the keypad more like the Pearl and just made the buttons inset like the trackball (maybe not that much) and still had the phone close easily, flatly, and securely. But like BBB has said many times plastics aren't the same so maybe they cost more to make them last longer and are lighter to warrant the high price. But c'mon people, this is still a BlackBerry, the Pearl 81xx is retail around the same price as the flip so why the big fuss? I personally LOVE my 8220, I love what it can do and I pray that later updates fix what I WANT it to do in the future.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 05:57 PM
    You will like the Curve IMHO.

10-28-08 06:05 PM
    i like my curve... and i heard that 4.6 on the 8220 was pretty slow...

10-28-08 06:08 PM
    Yeah I agree the Curve is VERY nice and if T.Mobile hadn't have come out with the 8220 I would've gotten it....well, I actually would've waited about 3-4 months and got the Curve 2 but nevertheless the Curve though. Yes, 4.6 runs slow and that's been said and it will be fixed as all brand new things are.

10-28-08 07:58 PM
    Yea ur either a flip person or your not. .

10-28-08 08:08 PM
    Yeah I agree....flips suck
    10-28-08 08:21 PM
    guess your not a flip person.
    i think the technology is much better. they crammed all that of a pearl into a lighter and better phone in the flip. not only it is lighter more comfortable in the pockets, its a flip!!

reason why a flip is better..
    i had bar phones, i had flips, but the flip always is better cause its always lighter and the screen doesn't get scratched!
    end
    10-28-08 08:34 PM
    As someone said before, that phone does not warrant the retail price. Everyone has their own preference and after messing around with the 8220 I just personally think the curve is a much better phone in terms of what it offers and its better built. JMO! Im glad its on its way back! LOL
    10-28-08 09:37 PM
    depends what your used to i suppose.. personal pref..
    just like how i like asian chicks over white chicks.. lol
    10-28-08 09:54 PM
    I wanted this phone really bad. I was in the T-mo store the day is was released. I have played around with it several times. It jsut feels cheap to me. And I'm afraid the front would be scratched to pieces being in my pocket. I still think it's a good looking flip, I just don't feel like it's well built. The build of the regular Pearls seems better to me. I'm waiting for the Javelin.
    10-28-08 11:24 PM
    I've had the pearl flip for a week, and I had the same thoughts when i first got it. But now its speedier, better on battery life (don't ask me why) and it doesn't have too many scratches. is it my favourite BB ever? No. But I still love it and am keeping mine.
    10-29-08 12:46 AM
    I agree. I took my first one back because I got tired of the lagging.
    I got the curve but decided to give it one more chance.
    So I took the curve back. Am I happy I made that choice? Absolutely.
    No lagging this time. Its working great. I love the size of the keys.

10-29-08 10:35 PM
    I've had the pearl flip for a week, and I had the same thoughts when i first got it. But now its speedier, better on battery life (don't ask me why) and it doesn't have too many scratches. is it my favourite BB ever? No. But I still love it and am keeping mine.
    Now that you've mentioned this DD, my Flip seems to be faster than when I originally purchased it. I've yet to upgrade to .174 (downloading issues) but I hear it's made a few improvements (especially with WiFi).

Are there better BB's? - I'm sure, does the Flip "suck"? Maybe to some people but for me (and my history of smartphones) this...ehem...my Flip is far better than what I expected.
    10-30-08 10:59 AM
    I'm happy for all of you who have less lag. I personally have MORE lag then ever.

I've been to .151 then upgraded to .174

I can't say that .174 worked out nicely in the lag department. With WIFI it helped but nothing definitive. Maybe I'll downgrade to .155
    10-30-08 11:34 AM
    It looks like it's two halves from two different phones! the screen portion is all glossy and chromy...and the keypad portion is mat black plastic! They don't match. For people with big thumbs, I'm sure this thing is a Godsend. However, I have gotten so accustomed to the SureType keypads, I'm a pearl freak forever. I would hop on the Curve bandwagon if I didn't have 8 pairs of work pants with a slender cell phone pocket!
    10-31-08 11:34 PM
    I too have tested this phone when it came out, and to me, I didn't notice the lag. Seems pretty speedy to me compared to my Pearl 8100 with OS 4.5.0.46.

Man I need to find a PC to upgrade to 4.5.0.81.
    11-01-08 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD