First of all, I would just like to say hello to the Crackberry community, as I am new here!

So I bought a used 8220 on craigslist yesterday, and it worked perfectly when he showed it to me and everything. After charging it or something (I don't really remember when it started) I got a JVM 545 error, so I did some researching and cleared JL CMR. As expected, I got the 507 error, so I went ahead and tried to fix it.
    I did everything on a couple guides (I would link to them but I need 10 posts...) and both times, my BB disconnected while loading some .cod module or something right before installation was complete. I tried this multiple times, using each usb slot on both computers (one with vista and one with xp) and still no luck. I can post screenshots if necessary.

I am running out of hope and some help would really be appreciated.
    Last edited by DwightDL; 05-16-10 at 05:45 PM.
    05-16-10 05:33 PM
    Hmm, sounds like you've done everything right. I had trouble after a 507 too. Check these things:

* Reboot your PC before install, to clear all the USB ports
    * If it's a laptop, plug the data cable into its powered USB port
    * Open a DOS window in the loader folder and run "loader.exe /nojvm"
    * Once you get past the option screens and it starts loading, leave it alone - go watch a DVD

Those are the only things I can think of that might help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 09:46 AM
    Hmm alright, thanks for the suggestions. So how do I go about opening a DOS window in the loader folder?
    05-17-10 03:41 PM
    Hmm alright, thanks for the suggestions. So how do I go about opening a DOS window in the loader folder?
    Start->Run..., type "cmd" and press OK. When the DOS window opens, type these two commands:

cd c:\progra~1\common~1\resear~1\AppLoader
    loader.exe /nojvm
    05-18-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD