I have a special ringtone set up for my wife so that when she calls either from her cell phone or the home phone, I know exactly who's calling.

However, my phone was locked due to inactivity and when she called me, I got the default ring on my phone rather than her special ring. Furthermore, the caller ID only displayed her phone number and not her name even though she is in my address book.

I didn't take the time to check the phone number and thought it was some random person calling me so I answered with my usual, "Hello, this is John" and she was like wtf?

Anyways, is this a built in security feature so that when your phone is locked it won't play custom ringtones and display the caller information?
    04-24-08 04:31 PM
    Easy solution. You have content protection enabled and to include the address book. When you phone gets locked, it cannot read the address book because the content is protected. It has no idea who is calling.

Go to Options > Security > General Settings. Scroll to Content Protection and change the option for Include Address Book to No.
    04-24-08 04:45 PM
    Very cool. As always, thanks much for the info sunkast.
    04-24-08 04:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD