Hey all,

Newbie to the blackberry world and have a problem with finding contacts in my address book. When I have SureType on, I can't search for contacts that begin with a letter that is the "second" alpha on a key.

For instance, if I'm looking for "Kim's House" in my address book with sureType on, I would type "k" in the 'Find' box at the top (using the j-k-6 key). Well, the contacts it lists on the bottom starts at "j" and lists all my "j" contacts first...then after that it will list my "k" contacts. Essentially, "j" and "k" in the 'Find' box returns the same list.

But if I turn on MultiTap, placing "k" in the 'Find' box will return "k" entries, and placing "j" in the 'Find' box returns "j" entries (as expected).

I love having suretype on, and it would suck if I had to switch b/t SureType and MultiTap everytime I need to search my address book.

Anybody else experiencing this?? Solutions??

Thanks!
    02-10-08 12:21 AM
    cant you just type the first AND second letter? on the curve, if i want to look for Kim's House, i type K, and it gives me all K entries. if i then type I, it will give me all the KI entries, i would assume that it would do the same thing on a Pearl, although with the Suretpye, i honestly have no idea
    02-10-08 12:53 AM
    cant you just type the first AND second letter? on the curve, if i want to look for Kim's House, i type K, and it gives me all K entries. if i then type I, it will give me all the KI entries, i would assume that it would do the same thing on a Pearl, although with the Suretpye, i honestly have no idea
    You are using a curve, no suretype. There was another thread about this, but can't remember it it was solved.

On edit... here...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/toggle-suretype-14084/
    Last edited by Member_No.1; 02-10-08 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Added Link
    02-10-08 01:15 AM
    I had a 7130e for a year. Type the first 2 keys in SureType. Trust me it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-08 03:50 AM
    Thanks bomber664 for the scoop.
    02-10-08 05:06 AM
    I use the two letter method. as you said pressing the 6 (jk) would give you contacts begining with j first followed by k. Then press the 3 (ui) would give you all other possible options starting with those two letters.I dont know of any other way other than turning off the sure type. I have over 1500 contacts and this narrows it down quite a bit.
    02-10-08 08:28 AM
    I had a 7130e for a year. Type the first 2 keys in SureType. Trust me it works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hi, Actually this doesn't seem to work. If I am searching for National, and I use the BN key, I get b. If I hit the BN key twice rapidly, I get bb, and if I try BN and then AS, I get bba. The only way I can navigate with suretype in the address book is in the case above, hit the M key and then scroll down to N. Is there any other way?

John
    02-18-08 03:02 PM
    It does work, do not hit the BN key twice. If you are searching for "National" you would hit the BN key then the AS key... you may also have to hit the 3rd letter (TY key) to distinguish from contacts that start with BA.
    02-18-08 03:13 PM
    It does work, do not hit the BN key twice. If you are searching for "National" you would hit the BN key then the AS key... you may also have to hit the 3rd letter (TY key) to distinguish from contacts that start with BA.
    EXACTLY - you can't use the "multitap method" if you are in suretype and then wonder why it doesn't work!?!

To find "Smith" in SureType you would press: AS, M, UI, TY, GH

To find "Smith" in Multitap you would press: AS, AS, M, UI, UI, TY, GH, GH
    02-18-08 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD