I have just bought a pearl 8100 and am working my way around it. I bought a 2Gb sd card for it and managed to transfer a folder containing a number of files onto the card from my pc using windows explorer.

From WE, the blackberry appeared as a removable drive (h and this contained a sub-folder names blackberry. I opened blackberry and noticed the following sub-folders:
    music
    pictures
    ringtones
    system
    videos

I created another folder and named it tt. I copied all of my files into this directory. Some of these files were music files and initially, after the file transfer, I was able to (on pearl) open the Media application , select Music and then Media Card. The tt folder was then visible and when I drilled down into this I was able to navigate to my music an play it.

Since this first time I have been unable to access the music files in tt (or see tt at all via the pearl) If I move the music from tt into the music folder I am able to access the files.

Could someone explain this little oddity?

I was previously a SPV (windows mobile) user and from the handset I was able to access any file using the file explorer program on the device. Does the blackberry have similar capabilities?

Terry
    09-06-07 06:26 PM
    You can access user created folders using the media player by choosing explore in the menu. Then you can drill down to your folder.
    09-07-07 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD