I'm trying to download music to my 8130 Pearl. My company's enterprise software has locked the mass storage option to off for the SD card so I can not sync with the Desktop manager. If I use a media reader/ writer can I get music to the SD card and if so, will I be able to listen to it with the mass storage device locked to the off position? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    07-21-08 08:14 PM
    You could put the micro into the adapter and put it into the slot on your comp put your music on there then put it back in your phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 08:17 PM
    You could put the micro into the adapter and put it into the slot on your comp put your music on there then put it back in your phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Or if you cant do that for whatever reason, just email them to yourself and save them to the media card!
    07-21-08 08:36 PM
    Turning on mass storage merely allows you to use your device as a USB memory stick. You can still take the Micro SD card out and use a reader to connect it to your computer. Transfer your music to the card and you can listen to it (just drag and drop). The caveat is that if your music was obtained on iTunes you can't play it after you transfer it because it's protected. If you load your music from CDs then you can transfer it to the Micro SD card and listen to it on your BB.
    07-21-08 08:47 PM
    Is it possible to rename song titles once it is on the Media Card?
    07-22-08 03:05 AM
    Thank you all. I was able to copy the mp3 files to the micro sd card using a media card reader. I was also able to edit the file names. I have access to all of them on my Pearl now. Thanks again.
    07-23-08 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD