I've had my 8220 for a few months now and besides the occasional glitches, it had worked fine. Starting three days ago, the screen started tripping out on me. I'd open the phone, and about half the time, it would be messed up--the colors would be inverted, the screen would be jumbled or upside down, or there would be red lines checkered throughout. I updated the operating system and that seemed to fix it for about a day. However, starting this morning, I get the red lines occassionally still (although less frequently than before). Anyone else have this issue? I don't think anything happened to the phone over the weekend that would have damaged the hardware...
    02-11-09 09:49 AM
    Maybe it 3RD party software or theme causing the problem. I would try reloading the OS and nothing else for a few days and see if that fixes it. I would not restore a backup as it could potentially contain the cause of your problem. Test it with clean OS.
    02-11-09 04:59 PM
    Have you dropped it, or has it sustained any serious impact recently?

I dropped my 7100 on the road and the screen would do something similar to what you are saying. It would look all screwy, and sometimes it would go back to being normal by its self. Sometimes if i squeezed the sides of the screen it would work for a bit.

It eventually crapped out on me and i upgraded to the pearl.

Dont know if the situations are the same, just figured id toss my 2 cents in.
    02-11-09 10:19 PM
    i'm having the same problem wid my 8220...
    the screen is acting crazy... ive dun everything i cud think of...
    hating the fone at the moment
    03-18-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD