I have had the pearl for the last couple of days and I have noticed that whenever I hit the home button, the screen is dim and it takes about 5 to 10 seconds before it gets bright. Its like it has to warm up first. Has anyone had this issue before?
    10-20-10 12:34 PM
    hey - no - if you touch the device and do anything it should just out of its blacklight timeout - mine is set for 80, 30 seconds - what is your set to. something may be wrong with your sensor, are you using a case of some sort?
    10-20-10 01:01 PM
    If you don't like the dimming then turn it off in the settings. If your screen is "warming" up then it's defective.
    10-20-10 01:01 PM
    If you don't like the dimming then turn it off in the settings. If your screen is "warming" up then it's defective.
    I took it back. And the rep that helped me just exchanged it. He noticed the dimming issue too.

So I shall see how this one works. By the way, no I don't have a case for it. The store didn't have any cases or screen protectors.
    10-20-10 02:51 PM
    Check out the case I posted in my pics, it has a plastic brace that further protects it. I got it from the AT&T store, they gave me a pink one with a white plastic frame! I'll never use it if you want it I'll send it to you..
    10-20-10 08:05 PM
    don't - pink is totally your color! ha - dude! I cannot believe you went from cool black to that 2-tone job, wtf! lol. no really, hope you like the sucker, nice little unit.
    10-20-10 08:17 PM
    I did not have a choice, the black one from newegg was defective. My old pearl was red so this is best of both worlds for me. I literally waited outside of the mall like a loser to go in and buy it. lol
    10-20-10 09:17 PM
    a mall huh, wow. lol
    10-20-10 11:05 PM
    Where is the settings? Also, when I get emails, the red light indicators lets me know that I have emails, however, I don't have sound with it. How do I turn on the sound. I have looked everyone and can't find it. <sigh>
    10-21-10 03:51 AM
    options>screens. sounds like you may want to brush up on the use of profiles - its the best part of the device imo. you can download the pdf below and look in the ringtones, sounds and alerts section. there are a lot of subtle features on the device, one amazing one is being able to get to connections on the far right top, opposite profiles - no other berry I have seen does this. the device flat out rocks when it comes to details

User Guide - BlackBerry Pearl 9100 Smartphone - 5.0
    10-21-10 06:55 AM
    options>screens. sounds like you may want to brush up on the use of profiles - its the best part of the device imo. you can download the pdf below and look in the ringtones, sounds and alerts section. there are a lot of subtle features on the device, one amazing one is being able to get to connections on the far right top, opposite profiles - no other berry I have seen does this. the device flat out rocks when it comes to details

User Guide - BlackBerry Pearl 9100 Smartphone - 5.0
    Thanks for the link.
    10-21-10 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD