I remember drooling over the 9100 when it first came out, because I had an 8130 and LOVED it. However I was disappointed when I heard that many of the initial devices had problems with the screen lifting and dust getting inside.

I will likely be purchasing a new smartphone in the coming months, and if the screen lift issues have been resolved the 9100 will definately be on my short-list. So, can anyone who has recently bought one... is this still a problem?

Thanks in advance!
    01-04-11 02:04 PM
    I bought my Pearl 9100 the first part of November, and I have had no problems with the build or dust under the screen. I'm in the US, with AT&T as my carrier.
    01-04-11 06:27 PM
    Should be fixed. However, when you get your pearl, check it immediately. Check if screen borders are completely aligned with viewable area and aren't any liftings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 06:45 PM
    I had a Pearl 3g, then sold it, got a Torch and then sold the Torch and got Pearl 3g again.

The first Pearl 3g did had the problem with dust under the screen. had to take it apart and clean it, and so far the second Pearl 3g is fine, although I havent use it much. But if you ask me this second one seems to be better built than the first one, dont know why, it only feels more solid.
    01-04-11 10:27 PM
    Thanks for the input! At this point its looking like the Pearl is near the top of the list! Also gonna look into Andoid devices, but I'm hesitant to jump from what I know into something I don't know about. I like smaller form factors, but may spring for the Bold too, probably gonna wait till March to see what comes out in early 2011.

01-04-11 10:54 PM
    Here's two that I currently have.

On the right is the defect that's going back to Bell due to a corrupt battery. On the left is the replacement I received. I could visibly see a difference between the two regarding the gap, which has seemed to be far better with the second.
    01-05-11 12:27 AM
    01-05-11 04:40 PM
    My second Pearl does not have that gap either.

01-05-11 05:14 PM
    again, thanks for the input. Blade, the pics helped a lot. Tequila thankyou for the confirmation.

01-07-11 07:17 AM
    again, thanks for the input. Blade, the pics helped a lot. Tequila thankyou for the confirmation.

You're welcome!
    01-07-11 11:50 AM
    I am also disappointed with the build quality of the 9100. I'm on my third 9100 as the first one had a crooked touchpad that I did not notice in the store. The second device I just returned today as the screen was loose and a ton of dust had collected under the screen.

At the store today, I opened up 5 boxes with new 9100s and 4 out of them had crooked touchpads. Luckily, I picked up the only one that seemed to have been assembled properly.
    01-18-11 06:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD