This should work on all BB 81xx series phones.

So i broke the lcd on my BB Bold...trying to pull the bezel from it with no success. So while waiting until the new lcd arrived i picked up this BB Pearl 8100 off of craigslist...only problem with it was that the earpeice speaker did not work but the speaker phone would work.

Obviously the earpeice speaker was blown/dead. I bought it anyway knowing that id have to activate speaker phone when making/recieving a call...pita i know, but better then having no screen to answer txt/email/bbm...etc.

So i picked up this pearl 8100 for $40 becuase of the speaker problem. By the 2nd day of using it with the speakerphone i started thinking of fixes for the problem.

I remembered that i had an old 7130e sitting in the computer desk drawer! i thought to myself that MAYBE this could work as it could be considered as the "old" style pearl.

So i quickly ripped apart the 7130e, as well as the 8100. AND LONG BEHOLD! the speakers are the EXACT same. They are a direct swap to eachother...

So long story short...

If your pearl 81xx has the earpeice problem...and have an old 71xx laying around...swap it out and ENJOY your newly fixed Berry for $0!

PS.

The battery from the 7130e WORKS with the 81xx pearls! Ill make a small tutorial shortly with pics!

Enjoy Guys!
    Hopefully this helps some of you out with broken berrys!

Scott G
    09-10-09 10:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD