So I just got the Verizon 8130 OS 4.5 working on my TELUS phone. I deleted the vendor.xml file and everything is working fine.
    So when, or if, my carrier decides to release 4.5 how would I go about getting that on my BB? There is no NEW vendor.xml file from the Verizon one...
    Is this process dangerous?
    09-15-08 04:14 AM
    correct me if I'm wrong guys, but wasn't 4.3 supposed to enable automatic updates for future OS versions??
    09-15-08 01:42 PM
    correct me if I'm wrong guys, but wasn't 4.3 supposed to enable automatic updates for future OS versions??
    No it wasn't.

Unless a newer version is released for your device, then don't change anything. Makes no sense to downgrade to an earlier version.
    09-15-08 01:47 PM
    So when, or if, my carrier decides to release 4.5 how would I go about getting that on my BB?

Is this process dangerous?
    When your carrier releases their officially supported OS, the odds are good it will be a higher package number. Repeat the process and your device will automatically update.

In the event the offical version is a lower version, use Windows Control Panel to remove the current version. It will call it a downgrade, but there is a high level of confidance it will work as it should.

Dangerous? Not really. The vast majority of the time it goes smoothly. The occasions when a problem shows up are rare. An accidental disconnect or a power failure are the main culprits.

Restarting the install will usually correct the problem.

Rarely, that will fail and you will have to do the install manually. We can point you in the right direction if that should happen.
    09-15-08 04:57 PM
    No it wasn't.

Unless a newer version is released for your device, then don't change anything. Makes no sense to downgrade to an earlier version.
    that's what i was trying to say. downgrading would be silly.
    09-16-08 09:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD