I'll admit it...I want to upgrade but am scared...of what you might ask...problems.
    1) will I have to reload my 3rd party apps? and re-register them? (i've lost my codes)
    2) will my 3rd party apps stiil work? (pocketday, bbalerts, gmail, bbshortcuts, bbalarms, bbsmart (won't need it though), par 72 golf, beyond 411, mundu IM, google sync)
    3) time and effort and frustration vs benefits...

what do I do??
    12-19-08 10:50 AM
    1. there is a way to backup thirdy party apps, but you will have to put in your username/passwords
    2. they will all work
    3. it is really not frustrating at all to upgrade....really easy if you follow the directions found on crackberry.
    12-19-08 10:53 AM
    just like asylvia said and here is the thread regarding third party apps: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    12-19-08 11:26 AM
    I just did it today. It worked seamlessly. Just make sure you follow the instructions.

All my apps work. But I don't have that many.

Only my added themes didn't work, but I knew that.
    12-19-08 07:30 PM
    I upgraded my phone, even though I was scared as ****. All of my apps still work, plus you get Docs to Go standard edition for free with 4.5. It took a total of about an hour to do it, and the Pearl gets LOTS of memory after an upgrade.
    12-19-08 09:57 PM
    I've upgraded mine, and I was unaware of what could happen after the upgrade, so mine took about an hour to do, so what did i do with that hour? Browse CrackBerry of course!! and started reading about all the issues that people said MIGHT arise, but low and behold, its works even better now! i would suggest you follow all the back-up and 3rd party back-up instructions and got for it! if it doesnt work out you can just downgrade to your old OS!
    12-19-08 11:36 PM
    if necessary how do I downgrade to my old "berry"...and will I have to enter codes for my software??
    12-20-08 02:01 PM
    I upgraded last week, for the first time, and idk why I didn't do it sooner. There is such an improvement in battery and performance.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-20-08 05:10 PM
    I'd recommend doing it for html email alone. Your apps should integrate fine

12-20-08 05:12 PM
    Much better memory after 4.5

12-20-08 05:20 PM
    It is soooo worthwhile to do the upgrade. Went from 20MB to 25MB of memory after the upgrade. Now granted, once I added Documents to Go so that I could edit Word docs, it went down to 23MB, but with all the extra features you get (HTML email, streaming video and radio), I don't feel so bad that I don't have the newest Storm or Bold models right now.
    12-20-08 06:21 PM
    ok, I did it...thanks to all for your support and help...only 2 more programs that I still need to get registration codes for...was there anything I could have done to preserve them from before? Not that it matters now.
    12-21-08 12:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD