I have spent most of today trying to download ringtones for my reletively new phone. I say reletively because I have had it a while but figured I better figure out the important stuff first... now for fun right?

Well, my Desktop Manager recognizes that my phone is connected and displays my PIN on the bottom. When I go to Media Manager (inside the Desktop Manager) it comes up but always says, "No device attatched," or what ever the message is. Is there some trick to getting your "device" (ie. BlackBerry) recognized or loaded on the Roxio Media Manager.

By the way my BB is the 8130 Pearl and my Desktop Manager is version 4.3.0.15 (Aug 15 2007).

Thanks for any enlightenment on this "issue."
    07-08-08 04:27 PM
    roxio USED to recognize my phone, but ever since i downloaded DM 4.5 and the latest sprint os (4.3.0.127), my roxio won't work anymore either. i probably should have done one at a time, but i didn't think there would be an issue.

what OS are you running on your phone?

i am assuming it's a compatibility issue with DM and the phone OS, but that's just my guess.
    07-08-08 05:23 PM
    roxio USED to recognize my phone, but ever since i downloaded DM 4.5 and the latest sprint os (4.3.0.127), my roxio won't work anymore either. i probably should have done one at a time, but i didn't think there would be an issue.

what OS are you running on your phone?

i am assuming it's a compatibility issue with DM and the phone OS, but that's just my guess.
    Want a good laugh... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT OS I am running... All I have is what came with the phone. LoL! I haven't upgraded anything so it should all be compatable right?
    07-08-08 06:04 PM
    I also updated to the new sprint OS 4.3.0.127 and roxio stopped working any ideas. I only use it to format video

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 06:24 PM
    Do you have a media card? If not that may be the problem.

07-08-08 06:46 PM

Do not have an expansion card... is that what you are talking about? Or is a media card something totally different?
    07-08-08 07:09 PM
    MicroSD card. I couldn't transfer music until I stuck one of those bad boys in. However I did read on CB that you could transfer ringtones but you needed to treat the BB like a device in windows explorer.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

07-08-08 09:12 PM
    I just got my 8130 in April and my DM doesn't have Media Manager?

07-08-08 09:39 PM

yes use to work when i had .97 installed but when i updated DM can see my berry buy Roxio dosent
    07-08-08 11:22 PM
    Want a good laugh... I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT OS I am running... All I have is what came with the phone. LoL! I haven't upgraded anything so it should all be compatable right?
    nothing to laugh at, we've all been there, i know i have
    if you go to options > about it should tell you what OS you are running.

i do have a media card, had it since the week i bought the phone.

it's got to be a lack of compatibility with the new sprint OS since i'm not the only one who's noticed this.

i'll do a little playing around with DM and roxio versions and see if i can't get it to work, so if i have any success i'll let you guys know
    07-09-08 12:39 AM
    so far absolutely no luck

i deleted the 4.5 DM and reloaded my 4.3 that used to work perfectly, but it didn't help a thing. it recognized my daughter's barbie girl, but not my pearl, wtf?

i also auto enabled mass storage, but no change.
    07-09-08 02:51 AM
    I finally broke down and just emailed the tones I was wanting to my BB. Really sucks though considering I had over 30 ringtones on my desktop to download... that will take me forever using email. Oh well, I have the 24 CTU ringer and Yoda saying "Mmmm, message from the darkside there is" for any messages. That makes me laugh so I guess for now I am happy.

Thanks to everyone for the help... anyone have any recommendations on a good priced MicroSD card?
    07-09-08 11:23 AM
    eureka! i got mine to work, but it was a total pain in the arse.

i found a post on the RIM support forums about it. the poster, who was having the same problems as us, did a handheld wipe and said that it made his work, and i just got mine to work like that.

i don't see why yours would need to be wiped robm24, since you haven't upgraded your OS, but this might help you, Microbob
    07-10-08 12:22 AM
    I had a pearl thru alltel, now i have a sprint 8330. BB desktop manager sees my phone, but roxio doesn't i have a lot of pics on my phone i'd like to move to my computer. Do i have to wipe my phone for the roxio to work?
    07-10-08 04:11 PM
    I had a pearl thru alltel, now i have a sprint 8330. BB desktop manager sees my phone, but roxio doesn't i have a lot of pics on my phone i'd like to move to my computer. Do i have to wipe my phone for the roxio to work?
    hmm, i don't know, but the first thing i would try would be to uninstall my desktop manager and all the stuff that goes with it, and then re download it all. not sure if that would work, but that would be my first step.
    07-10-08 07:06 PM
    When I first got my 8130 I couldn't get my Desktop software to work with my phone. I ran across a blog by Kelly Carter that said I needed to download my "Device Software" from my carrier. I did and now it all works fine.
    That being said I really thought that the Roxio was a little "clunky " and don't really like it. I just open my music files on my desktop, hook up my bb,set it to mass storage mode then right click on the file and hit "send to" . My bb shows up as a "g" drive . The files transfer very quickly. This should work for your ringtones since they are already on your computer.

Good Luck!
    TP
    07-10-08 08:55 PM
    hmm, i don't know, but the first thing i would try would be to uninstall my desktop manager and all the stuff that goes with it, and then re download it all. not sure if that would work, but that would be my first step.

I have done that and still its not working!! what a pain in the ****.
    07-10-08 11:15 PM
    I have done that and still its not working!! what a pain in the ****.
    perhaps like wallpaperguy said you need a new device manager? i wish i knew more to help you, but i'm still just learning all the stuff as i go along
    i will do some searching again and see if i can find some more suggestions for you, so i'll let you know if i come up with anything.

and roxio is not the greatest, i admit, but it was the whole principle of the thing. I HAD to make it work again or I wasn't going to be happy, LOL.
    07-10-08 11:26 PM
    eureka! i got mine to work, but it was a total pain in the arse.

i found a post on the RIM support forums about it. the poster, who was having the same problems as us, did a handheld wipe and said that it made his work, and i just got mine to work like that.

i don't see why yours would need to be wiped robm24, since you haven't upgraded your OS, but this might help you, Microbob
    what exactly do you mean by "handheld wipe"?
    07-22-08 10:24 PM
    is that the same as a battery pull??????????
    07-22-08 11:36 PM
    ??? no idea...has anyone solved this problem of the roxio media manager not seeing the connected blackberry? i downloaded version 4.5 upgraded the os to 4.3 (both are the latest versions) and media manager didnt see the bb..uninstalled both and installed the initial software off of the blackberry tools disk i received initially with the purchase of the phone...still doesnt work....so has anyone had success with their media manager seeing the phone? and yes I have heard of mass storage mode but i am not attempting to place music onto my media card..im trying to retrieve the default wallpapers off the device memory and place them on my media card..thats why i need roxio media manager...help
    07-23-08 02:04 AM
    Try updating your USB drivers to 4.5 from the blackberry.com downloads page.
    07-23-08 08:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD