I have a few questions:

1. I do know how to set different ringtones, but is there a way to change the sounds for notifications like voicemail or text messages?

2. When Changing the ringtone for one profile, does it change the other profiles as well?

3. Is there a profile with ring and vibrate at the same time? Not vibrate then ring, but both simultaneously vibrating and ringing.

Help would be very appreciative, thanks.
    12-26-07 05:28 PM
    To Answer your questions:

1. No, the same ringtone for text is the same for voicemail, no way to change.

2. No, you have to change each profile individually.

3. No, it is currently not possible to ring and vibrate at the same time.

Sorry to give you all bad news.
    12-26-07 07:58 PM
    2. When Changing the ringtone for one profile, does it change the other profiles as well?
    2. No, you have to change each profile individually.
    You can set a ring tone across all profiles simultaneously as follows:
    Media>Ring Tones>All Ring Tones>scroll to desired ring tone>BB Menu key>Set As ring Tone
    12-26-07 08:12 PM
    I have a few questions:

1. I do know how to set different ringtones, but is there a way to change the sounds for notifications like voicemail or text messages?
    You can change the ring tone for text messages, but what ever you choose I believe it will be the same for voice mail. You can have different sounds for different email accounts also. I have my mms one tone, sms another, and each of my email accounts(3) all have there own tone.
    12-27-07 06:19 AM
    This is how to setup / configure profiles, properly:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    12-27-07 07:54 AM
    This was the answer to most of my questions.

Thanks
    01-11-08 12:20 PM
    Thank you for posting this!!!! Finally I can stop the infernal buzzing and ringing and take control of my phone once and for all
    02-02-08 08:12 PM
    I'm new (obviously!) and I've been changing ring tones/sms tones, etc..pretty much everything I can customize. However, I have no idea what the "level 1 messages" are? I know SMS and my email/voiceail so can someone clue me in on level 1? Does it just mean it wasn't sent as an urgent message or voicemail?

Thanks!
    03-11-08 11:57 PM
    level 1 messages are PIN to PIN messages, similar to BBMessenger, but sent in email form. They show up in red in your Messages folder.
    03-12-08 12:01 AM
    level 1 messages are PIN to PIN messages, similar to BBMessenger, but sent in email form. They show up in red in your Messages folder.
    Thank You!
    03-13-08 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD