I just have a question and hope someone can help me out.
    I have had my Pearl for a few months now, and am in love with it. But on my old cell phones I was able to have special ringtones for certain people & when they texted or called me, it would be their ringtone.
    I have figured out how to assign ringtones to certain people, but when they text me, it is the regular ringtone. Does anyone know how to change that option? Oh and I have the Pearl 8130.
    Thanks
    11-17-08 01:32 AM
    11-17-08 01:35 AM
    I tried that, and when I was receiving text message it was the same ringtone. Maybe I did something wrong.
    11-17-08 01:00 PM
    Same ringtone as the one you set for that person or the default ringtone for text messages/calling?
    11-17-08 02:14 PM
    I have a default ringtone. I hoped that there is a way of having the ringtone for on certain contact to play when they text me. Do you know how to do it?
    11-17-08 02:43 PM
    Re-read that link. You did something wrong.
    11-17-08 03:20 PM
    I have the same disappointing issue but for different reasons. Alerts such as from cnn.com are text messages and sound the same as a personal text messages from friends. The alert is the same for all texts. I don't think you can customize a text alert, per person as you can a ringtone, as you do a photo. If anyone knows any differently, please chime in!
    11-17-08 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD