Please Help!!

I am a Verizon customer and switched from an LG VX 8100 to the new Blackberry Pearl 8130. I have the microSD card from my LG and enjoyed downloading ringtones via VZW Tones and assigning them to certain contacts.

I have tried reading forums and searching the internet for ways to download ringtones with this device! It's so frustrating because I love having custom ringtones (not to mention the sound quality on the pearl is quite amazing!) -- there has to be a way!!

Does anyone have any idea where I can download ringtones that have true sound quality (ex: the song sounds exactly like it would if you were listening to it on a cd...not midi tones)?? Any help or hints/tips would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

P.S.: I have iTunes and I noticed that they added a new 'Ringtones' section to the iTunes library. I've tried looking up songs but when I click on the ringtown download icon it comes up with a message saying it isn't connected to the network (when clearly the connection is working properly). If I was to get this to work, would I be able to use these ringtones on the 8130 pearl?
    11-11-07 10:35 PM
    You can use MP3s and load them on your device or a memory card. Just load up the Media Manager on your PC that came with your device and you should be good to go.
    11-11-07 11:38 PM
    Does it work for songs downloaded from iTunes? Or only for songs that are not in the iTunes format?
    11-12-07 01:19 AM
    i used to have the lg vx8600, and i would make my own ring tones using this program i used to sample songs for my music. i would just cut the part of the song i wanted and put it on the micro sd. but i'd have to lower the quality of the song because the lg's tones couldn't be that big i guess. but i'm sure you can do this with the bb too
    11-12-07 01:50 AM
    I'm having the hardest time getting ring tones. This is like brain surgery. Can I dwnload from limewire or kazaa? Please help. This buzzing is driving me crazy! Lol but I still luv my new pearl, btw her name is Weezie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-07 03:49 PM
    lol, weezie fo sheezy?

Guys, try making your own.

1. go to SkreemR Mp3 Search - World's Greatest Mp3 Search and download a test MP3 (they have 'legal' mp3s)
    2. go to Audacity: Windows
    and download this audio editor, it's free
    3. drag your mp3 into the program and use the intuitive controls to edit your mp3 to focus on the best part of the song, that you want to be your ringtone. Try keeping it less than 30 seconds, because your phone doesn't ring that long anyway :-)

Export it as MP3 and load it up to your BB. You know the rest!
    I hope this helps, at the very least i gave you a great site to get music from!
    11-12-07 04:24 PM
    Cellsea.com has lotsa ringtones and also
    Free Ringtones - CrackBerry.com | CrackBerry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-07 05:53 PM
    Personally, I like downloading them from tuneusins.com / mobile. Very easy to listen to them and save them right on your device.
    11-12-07 05:56 PM
    I found a really great website for ringtones. It's called Thumbplay - Ringtones, Realtones, and Games for cell phones!. I was looking up music lyrics and was redirected to the website and given about 13 credits *for FREE* for downloading ringtones from there website. There are lots to choose from, both real tunes (the music is CD quality) & polyphonic as well as videos, wallpapers etc.... I only look at the ringtones but it's really simple --> you just set up an account (via email and name) and send the song to your phone via the website: just choose blackberry --> scroll to the bottom if you have the pearl 8130 and click "phone not listed"--> and send it to your phone. A minute later you get a text with the ringtone and you hit the menu button --> save ringtone --> rename it & save!

to set it as your ringtone, go back to the main screen & click on the phone volume control icon --> scroll down to advanced settings --> click "phone" --> adjust the ringtone by highlighting it and clicking browse (the list of ringtones should come up on the screen) and you can also adjust the volume for the ringtone at this screen.

Works like a charm -- I hope this helps!!
    11-13-07 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD