OK,I will admit, I probably shoul dnot have a Blackberry, info tech challenged, but what the heck I wanted to come into this new millineum. so now I have sent myself some new ringtones but cannot figure out how to get them into my media so i can set them. can someone help with that?

JC out way out
    02-18-09 11:57 AM
    OK,I will admit, I probably shoul dnot have a Blackberry, info tech challenged, but what the heck I wanted to come into this new millineum. so now I have sent myself some new ringtones but cannot figure out how to get them into my media so i can set them. can someone help with that?

JC out way out
    How did you send them to yourself? was it through email?
    02-19-09 12:33 PM
    Yes, i was here on the crackberry site and found a few that i liked, so i sent them to my 8130 as an email. they show up as http addresses but i cannot figure out how to save them as ringtones. also, i have one ringtone that my son sent me and i assigned it to a contact, well it went as my ringtone for everyone in my contacts! WTF, how do i change that?
    02-20-09 06:24 AM
    Hi JC. When you open the e-mail, scroll down until the link highlight. Click the link with your trackball. The Open Play Save screen will pop up. Click Save. Another popup will say Save File. Click Save again and you have your ringer.

When you see the second save box, there is an option in the lower right to save as your ringtone. This is probably how you ended up with that saved tone as your primary ringer.

For this, you can go into profiles>scroll down to advanced profiles, and change it there. Or you can go to media icon, select ringtones, choose what you want, click menu, and scroll to set as ringtone and save.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 08:15 AM
    How do you get the link to highlight?
    03-02-09 08:52 PM
    From what I understand (just got a new pearl myself) it is automatically supposed to highlight, but when I sent a ringtone by email to my phone the link didnt highlight untill the following day for some reason.
    03-02-09 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD