I've tried searching all the options/settings on my BB I could find but still have this problem:

Instead of ringing and vibrating at the same time, it vibrates twice, THEN rings. This is irritating because unless I look at my BB, or wait for the 2 vibrations to be over, I don't know whether I have an incoming phonecall, an email, or an SMS text!(it vibrates twice before each of these)

Is there a way to get rid of the 2 vibrations in the beginning and just have it ring and vibrate at the same time? Or maybe ring first, THEN vibrate?

Thanks! Xoxo
    03-04-08 04:29 PM
    Yes, change the settings in profiles (profiles / advanced)...
    03-04-08 04:46 PM
    No, you can not change the settings to vibrate and ring at the same time. To do both it vibrates first then rings.

I have mine BB set so that for a phone call it only vibrates once before ringing. For messages it vibrates twice.

You can specify 0, 1, 2 or 3 vibrations so that you can tell what type of notification you have before you hear it.

Change by going to Profiles --> Advanced then change the options for each notification to your desired choice.
    03-04-08 05:42 PM
    Yah this is probably my biggest beef with the phone. There's no way to make it ring and vibrate at the same time. The vibrate comes first, lasting for however long you have it set, followed by the ring.

I found that by the time it made it to the ring and I heard it, my calls were going to voicemail. I now have it set for 1 vibrate followed by rings. Seems to work okay, but I'd love for them to work together.
    03-04-08 06:37 PM
    I have to agree with chaw i loved my LG and how it would vib and ring at the same time. That is really my only dislike of my pearl
    03-04-08 07:38 PM
    Thank you everyone, very helpful! Xoxo
    03-04-08 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD