I was trying out the sleeve that comes with the 8130 and I noticed that the ringtone is louder when in the holster. I have both settings for loud in and out of holster and yet when in the holster, it seems much louder. This leads me to believe that for some reason they limit how loud the ringtone really is, much like the ringtone's volume in the ringtone player. Anyone notice this as well?
    04-07-08 12:47 AM
    I don't use a holster but I think that's the whole point of in holster/out of holster settings. It's louder so you can hear it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-08 06:09 AM
    Ithink jchavez is right. But I don't use the holster either, how exactly does it know anyways? Dark/light sensor?

04-07-08 06:13 AM
    Ithink jchavez is right. But I don't use the holster either, how exactly does it know anyways? Dark/light sensor?

there's a magnet in the holster. When you hold it next to the keyboard the BB will go into Hoster-mode, lock the keypad and turn off the screen
    04-07-08 06:16 AM
    Aha! Thank you

04-07-08 06:20 AM
    Its a magnet called a proximity sensor that puts it in standby. It saves your battery. You still receive calls and messages.

04-07-08 07:53 AM
    Yeah, the ringtones are definitly louder in the holster. I have no complaints of a quiet ringtone now that I use it. Another cool thing is that if I get a text or email, upon taking the phone out, it opens right up to the message.

04-07-08 10:38 AM
    Yeah, its definitley louder. No complaints about the volume if the tones now. Another cool thing is that it opens right up to the message when removing the phone from the holster.

04-07-08 10:50 AM
    where's the magnet in the holster? i wonder
    06-10-08 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD