Hi, My BB is less than a month old .. recently I put a few songs on it for ring tones and the last week or so it doesn't ring. It will vibrate a moment then of course go to voice mail. I have gone through the settings to make sure the loud was set accordingly. I have reset the phone a few times still nothing.

I really like my BB but geesh everything is so complicated with it. Basic is nice!!

Any advice would be appreciated thanks!
    03-15-08 11:16 AM
    I had the Same problem here lately i pulled out the baterry and set for about a min then put it back in that work the first time second time didnt work called provider and they put me in contact with blackberry they said to upgrade my programs on BB so i got t-mobile heres the site to upgrade programs
    t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
    hope this helps lol
    good luck haven't had any problems sense....

Dobber
    03-15-08 01:40 PM
    What kind of ringtones are they? Are you using the entire song? Did you check your profile settings?
    03-15-08 02:02 PM
    Thanks I will try that! I think I have the lastest software though unless its a phone issue. Crappy

I had the Same problem here lately i pulled out the baterry and set for about a min then put it back in that work the first time second time didnt work called provider and they put me in contact with blackberry they said to upgrade my programs on BB so i got t-mobile heres the site to upgrade programs
    t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
    hope this helps lol
    good luck haven't had any problems sense....

Dobber
    03-16-08 12:57 AM
    They are the ring tones off crackberry...I think those are shortened mp3's if I am not mistaken.

I don't know a whole lot about the settings and such but when I realized I was missing EVERY call... ugh .. I went into settings and found the profile settings for each option its on loud and I went through each one. However, none were changed before I had never been there. Its really strange. Maybe I should go back to generic ring tone make sure it works then go back. Or maybe its the song download. Dunno ! beats me!

I am sure you would know better than me at the moment. We should have Blackberry classes.

What kind of ringtones are they? Are you using the entire song? Did you check your profile settings?
    03-16-08 01:00 AM
    When you add ring tones to the media card you have to make sure to designate them as ring tones. You just cant upload a song or partial song and have it work. If you go into your media card and pull up the stored mp3 hit your menu key and select Make Ring tone and then you can select it from the list when you go into your sound profile for each ringer setting.
    03-16-08 05:46 AM
    We should have Blackberry classes.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/
    03-16-08 01:12 PM
    How do I edit my notification tones (profiles)?
    From BlackBerryFAQ.com

Want to change the tone you hear when you get an SMS, MMS, or IM? Want to change the ringer for the phone? Follow these directions to edit the Profiles area on the device:

1. Select the Profiles icon

2. A box will appear where you can quick select between Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone Only, and Off. If you wish to quick change the device profiles then select the one you want and exit out.

3. If you want to edit the tones assigned to the device applications then select the last option, Advanced

(some older models and OS 4.1 and below will not have the "Advanced" step--if Advanced is not present go directly to Step 4 below).

4. Select the profile you wish to edit. (Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal (default), Phone Only, Off)

Note: on the 8100, 8800, and 8300 models: Do not click the trackball. Instead, click the menu key to the left of the trackball).

Note: The profile that is in use will say: (Active)

5. You will now see a list of all applications that can have a tone assigned (Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, Messages ([email protected]), Messenger, MMS, Phone, SMS, Task ect..)

6. Select the application you wish to edit the tone / notification for

7. You can now edit Out of Holster and In Holster tones/ notifications.

a) Select between: None, Tone, Vibrate, Vibrate+Tone

b) Select the Tune you wish to use

c) Select Volume (options are Mute, Low, Medium, High, Escalating)

d) Select Number of Beeps (options are 1, 2, 3)

e) Select Repeat Notification (options are None, LED Flashing)

f) If set to Vibrate or Vibrate+Tone then select Number of Vibrations (options are 1, 2, 3)

8. Repeat a-e for each of the desired applications listed in 5 above
    03-16-08 01:14 PM
    ha ha ask and you shall receive huh ?
    Thx I will check those out .. sad part is that I bought Blackberry for Dummies...(which I might add is USELESS!) wish I had found Crackberry first!
    03-16-08 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD