does any one know how to turn up the volume on a ring tone you emailed yourself from CB. cause when you set a custom ringtone for someone in my phone book the volume is low.
    06-02-09 06:27 PM
    Go to profiles>advanced and make sure the volume is set to high. Even still that may not be loud enough for you. Since this is a custom tone someone uploaded, it may just be low. I use a program called Audacity to make them louder then put them back on the phone. Check that setting, then if it's still not loud enough let me know which on it is and and I'll pump it up for you.
    06-02-09 06:44 PM
    Thanks, pltaylor! My overall volume is fine. Is there a way to set a volume on a specific ringtone? Specifically: there's an Etta James on here, "At Last", that's too loud. I can't figure out how to turn it down, without making everything else too quiet.
    06-03-09 08:44 AM
    No, you can not set volume for individual tones. Like was saying, the user that uploads the tones, set that volume. Download Audacity(it's free) and in the effects tab you can make changes like amplify, fade, boost bass, lower etc. Once you're happy with it, move it to the phone. This is a good program to make your own ringtones as well.
    06-03-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD