View Poll Results: Which version of the Pearl do you like better?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • The original T-Mobile version

3 11.11%
  • The white T-Mobile version

3 11.11%
  • The original Cingular/AT&T version

5 18.52%
  • The red Cingular/AT&T version

11 40.74%
  • I just don't care

5 18.52%
    Here is a link to the press release:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Press Releases

I like this one better than the white Pearl, which one do you like?
    Last edited by kasperapd; 03-12-07 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Added a poll
    03-12-07 02:14 PM
    IMHO, the perl is more or less a gimick to get the kids into BB's. I can honestly say that I wouldn't own one.
    03-12-07 02:53 PM
    While I'd agree that it is appealing to some teens, there is also a large group of adults who like this device. They see it as having the stability of BlackBerry they have heard about, but not having to put a large piece of toast to their ear to take a phone call. My wife loves her Pearl and has since become a BB addict, but she absolutely hates the size of my 8800. I have spoken to several people that feel the same. It's all about RIM giving us a choice, and I like it.
    03-12-07 02:59 PM
    I agree, the Pearl has hit the consumer market but die harders may not approve, hence the 8800 and then the 8300 which will be a mix...

I am not a fan of SureType but it wouldnt stop me using BB....
    03-12-07 03:40 PM
    oooooooooooh...... i like....... the white one...

white and shiny..

*gets me everytime!*

faterg
    03-13-07 02:19 AM
    @ Fatreg - Imagine if that had pink mate - you would be done for then....
    The white is nice i have to admit however, we have a white Macbook and that has become really dirty....

03-13-07 04:05 AM
    Some of you are correct, I own the pearl and have been very happy with it. But for some reason I don't want to stand in line at the grocery store and some 16 yr old has the same phone as me in a different color.
    03-13-07 11:31 AM
    ...as a spare, I don't care who, what, when or why. LOL
    03-13-07 05:23 PM
    a pink pearl?

now your talking tmag..

(L) pink

oh and yes i am 100% heterosexual. i just happen to like pink!

fatreg
    03-14-07 05:11 PM
    For those who want to see some better pictures of the Red Pearl, look here:

Unboxing: Red at&t BlackBerry Pearl : The Boy Genius Report
    03-22-07 11:33 AM
    Looks great but I'm not even considering a pearl since I found it to be more on the customer market than business so my 7130e if perfect for me since I don't need any mp3 player or camera, but could maybe look into something with wifi since BB are **** expensive in Canada
    03-22-07 12:59 PM
    Out of curiosity, are there any functional features that are different among the three, or do they only differ in color?

I ask because when I got the black one, the red pearl was $50 more, and I would hope that folks who are savvy enough to pick up a blackberry device in the first place would not be frivolous enough to pony up $50 more for a color! Unless, of course, they really, really wanted red!
    07-26-07 05:49 AM
    Pearl is my first BB and reason that I get one is size and camera. To me is pretty important to have ok camera on cell cos I take pictures all time.
    07-26-07 10:34 AM
    Out of curiosity, are there any functional features that are different among the three, or do they only differ in color?

I ask because when I got the black one, the red pearl was $50 more, and I would hope that folks who are savvy enough to pick up a blackberry device in the first place would not be frivolous enough to pony up $50 more for a color! Unless, of course, they really, really wanted red!
    Colour is the ony difference...although there is possible a newer Pearl later this year
    07-26-07 01:47 PM
    I'm another pearl user who is not using it for style, but function. It has everything I need/want in a phone. I wanted it to be small and thin, and that's the only reason I hadn't boarded the BB wagon till the pearl came out. I don't like the feel or look of the "piece of toast" (good one) and I also keep my BB in or on my pocket all day long and just don't want that bulk.

I'm a 35-year-old female business owner and parent of three, so trust me, I use the BB for all its features, not just to have a cool looking phone like the teens do. So it doesn't bother me if I stand next to a gum chewing, hair twisting girl chatting on her Pearl. No more than it bothers me to see the same girl driving a brand new car. To each his or her own, I'm not competing with anyone when it comes to my phone, I'm just happy.

I do like the red a lot, but I'd never pay more just for a color. Mine's black and that's just dandy.
    07-26-07 04:04 PM
    I love my Red Pearl.
    07-26-07 05:12 PM
    ive got a pearl< i dont know what else is smaller and a smart phone, i had a sidekick2 and the size difference is significant. thus the pearl is 20x smarter, and thinner than a razor and its teh sexiest, though its my first bb. i dont see anything else is better or worth trading>>>.......it gives me all i need
    07-26-07 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD