Hello all, very new here. I'm trying to set up my wifes new pearl 8130 that is on the Verizon network. Is there an easy, simple way to transfer her contact list that was on her chocolate, that was kept up to date using the verizon backup assisstant, onto her new blackberry? I've already spent 35 min on the phone with verizon tech support today because phone was shipped with mobile access totally disabled, no desktop icons or anything! Any help would be appreciated.
    01-20-09 03:08 PM
    Hello all, very new here. I'm trying to set up my wifes new pearl 8130 that is on the Verizon network. Is there an easy, simple way to transfer her contact list that was on her chocolate, that was kept up to date using the verizon backup assisstant, onto her new blackberry? I've already spent 35 min on the phone with verizon tech support today because phone was shipped with mobile access totally disabled, no desktop icons or anything! Any help would be appreciated.
    The contact assistant you have does not work on the Blackberry, I had this same problem. You could do one of three things: use bluetooth and send the contact that way from phone to phone OR you could do the manual entering of all of them OR go to a Verizon store and have them transfer them for free.

I hope this helps.
    01-20-09 03:11 PM
    Thanks alot!! I didn't realize that you could bluetooth phone to phone!! I'll try and get them to connect. Then is the transfer fairly simple or rather compicated? I can get around most things, but I've had the phone for about 3 hours now and am still fighting through several things. Thanks again.
    Update:
    Alright, got the two phones to pair, but can't get the chocolate to push the contact list to the pearl, I get a "Check bluetooth status of recieving device'. I've gone into the device properties for the chocolate on the pearl and made sure that trusted is yes. Any additional help out there??? Just trying to save a trip to the Verizon store, I got the phone on line and not from a store. Not sure if they will charge since I got it online.
    Last edited by kellykellykelly; 01-20-09 at 03:37 PM.
    01-20-09 03:17 PM
    if you have a usb cable for the choc you can copy them to your comp them back to the bb
    01-21-09 08:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD