Is there quick way to completely reset my Pearl 8130 to the factory defaults it shipped to me with and remove all apps, themes, etc I installed on it?
    08-22-08 04:57 PM
    Wipe your device.

Click: Options->Security Options->General Settings

Then: Menu->Wipe Handheld

Nice Avatar
    08-22-08 05:04 PM
    So that will still keep all the apps VZW shipped my 8130 with - and clear out my contact list etc?

...and thanks! "Up the Irons!"
    08-22-08 05:09 PM
    It'll take it back to factory.

Not sure about the VZW stuff, but if you reload your carrier's OS it probably will.

But that's only a guess.
    08-22-08 05:33 PM
    If you completely wipe ur phone it does wipe everything out. After you wipe ur system, go to ur desk top and put ur black berrydisc in and it will take you directly to the BB site. From there you will download the sofdtware that is req for ur phone ..... Updates, ect. Then type *228 the automated system will automatically register your phone with Verizon. Set up your email through the setup wizard then, Go to service books. Hit send service books. Everything should be ok by then. If not then you ll have to call the 800 number and make sure they have the right pin on your account. I went through all off this recently.
    Did you get your ringtones to ring louder yet? Not sure if you got the email.
    08-22-08 06:05 PM
    I got a blackberry from a friend and i need to reset it all to factory settings.. I went into general security options and cant figure out where menu is a wipe handheld is.. I need specific instructions on my 8130! Help!
    10-05-08 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD