Hello everyone...

I was really hoping to get a new set of phones from T-Mobile with their father's day special. Both of my Flips have really lousy batteries (and yes, I have done all the tricks listed here to save power). One batter can go a day without charging, the other only lasts about 8 hours on a charge.

Since T-mobile will not give me any type of break on a new phone (I have 9 more months under this contract), I guess I will just go with a replacement battery instead...

Are there any 3rd party batteries that will work well with these phones? Not sure I want another blackberry branded battery...

Thanks for advice...

Rich
    06-22-10 08:31 AM
    Seidio.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-10 10:44 AM
    You can buy replacement BB batteries on Amazon with confidence. I have bought two extras there for rock bottom prices, less than $5/ea. Ebay can be risky for roughly the same price as Amazon.
    06-23-10 02:03 PM
    Thank you both for the advice. Seidio.com did not have the Flip as one of the phones on its list (of course, I could have just missed it).

I did try Ebay for one -- we'll see how that goes.

I will try Amazon as well.

Rich
    06-24-10 07:26 AM
    After a period of time that will vary depending on use and settings, you may find that your battery will power your device for only a couple of hours, requiring you to charge more frequently. Rechargeable batteries have a limited number of charge cycles and may eventually need to be replaced.
    06-25-10 12:42 PM
    I too am having trouble with my Pearl Flip's battery endurance. I also tried ALL the suggested power saving tips, but my battery seems to go down quick lasting 24-36 hours on a charge. I have a year left on my Verizon contract, so it looks like I will be buying a new battery.
    By the way of a comment on angle333's post, the newer Li-ON batteries are MUCH less prone to the "memory effect" which used to plague rechargeable batteries.
    06-26-10 02:46 PM
    Thanks to this thread I'm checking out Amazon for replacement batteries.

But what the heck is with the shipping charges on those batteries? They state on Amazon one thing, but when you go to check out the shipping charges are not as stated, but are higher--some of them considerably so. Grr. (it does, however, beat the price of just the battery at T-Mo)
    06-26-10 04:23 PM
    I am so fed up with the BB Flip. This is my first BB and while I love the phone the battery sucks! Had my first battery for six months before I needed to replace it. Had this battery for four months and it has gone from holding a charge for 17 hours down to 4 hours. I have everything turned off that I possibly can and have followed all the advice for extending battery life. What'a the point of having a phone if it is dead every time I try to use it? Are there any super batteries out there?
    06-27-10 02:59 PM
    Thanks for all the responses. I did order one from ebay. Eh... It does at least not drain completely overnight, so that is better than the one I had, but I was hoping for better...

by the way, anyone else notice the little white oval with a red line through it on the bottom of the battery? My old one has a long red line and the new battery has a a few rows of red plus signs. Is this an indicator field of some sort, and what does it mean?

Only 9 more months on contract until I can explore new possibilities....
    06-28-10 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD